Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Bungalow considerations
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

seeker

Post Tue, May 10 2016, 1:17 am
PS, I just checked to make sure, I am not even a member of the severe parental abuse forum. So either you're thinking of someone else or it was in a public, non-protected place (which in my view does not mean that any less sensitivity and respect is called for, but is different than using a special member status for public purposes.)

Friedda

Post Tue, May 10 2016, 1:24 am
seeker wrote:
Inviting people to knowingly volunteer to be interviewed for a project they may be interested in is not called "nosing around." If a person did not want to share their information, they were more than welcome not to do so as I made my purpose crystal clear in my post there. If you had any issue with it you could report it there rather than bringing it up as a personal attack in an unrelated thread. My impression was that those who did share their experiences did so because they WANTED the opportunity to teach the public about their challenge, which can only happen when people share - again, voluntarily; no nosing was done.

No excuse. You exploited a private forum. PERIOD. Wrong place for research, voluntarily or not. No excuse and no justification.

amother
Navy

Post Tue, May 10 2016, 1:33 am
Friedda wrote:
No excuse. You exploited a private forum. PERIOD. Wrong place for research, voluntarily or not. No excuse and no justification.

did you miss the part where she said she's not a member on that private forum?

seeker

Post Tue, May 10 2016, 1:46 am
I am not and have never been a member of the private forum that you mentioned. If I were, then we could discuss whether posing an open-ended invitation relevant to members of that forum constitutes exploitation. However, since I never did that, it's moot, unless you want to take it up with some other person who did do that but I can't help you there since I don't know who it is and don't even know what it's about BECAUSE I'M NOT A MEMBER IN THAT GROUP.

(ETA: When I said earlier that I did ask if people wanted to be interviewed and said so clearly in my post - that was not regarding this particular forum that was mentioned. I have done that regarding other topics in other forums and did not remember where it was because it did once involve a topic tangentially related to parental abuse. However upon reflection I realized that it was not and could not have been in the parental abuse forum, and in fact the original question that I thought she was talking about did not even have to do with abuse but it just came up tangentially, hence I am now clarifying that I am not the one that was meant to be attacked here. You got the wrong person.)

Last edited by seeker on Tue, May 10 2016, 2:00 am; edited 1 time in total

seeker

Post Tue, May 10 2016, 1:56 am
And if you think someone should be banned ("then and there for that" no less) then you should report the post and take it up with the admin of the site.

fascinating how a nice informative thread about vacation advice can turn into such an inflammatory smearfest.

saw50st8

Post Tue, May 10 2016, 8:05 am
We get these type:

http://www.amazon.com/Merrell-.....ndals

They are more like sneakers, their toes are protected but they can wear them all summer (I've never been to a bungalow colony)

amother
Gold

Post Tue, May 10 2016, 8:21 am
op, much to your great dismay, we are not answering your specific question regarding crocs and bathing suits. We are talking to each other about our experiences packing and going to the country. Take what you can get from this and just ignore the rest. This is a public forum where people come and add their 2 cents. Obviously it might not all be relevant to you but we are all hoping to help others at some point.

seeker

Post Tue, May 10 2016, 9:03 am
That's beautiful. The collaborative conversation on this website is one of the reasons we are all here. Explain to me again why we can't talk about our experiences and share 2 or more cents without hurling personal insults; that part escaped me.

FineOrthodox

Post Tue, May 10 2016, 9:11 am
Wow this thread took a heavy detour...

Back to op, 2 pairs of footwear, an extra bathing suit (you can get em by Walmart for $5) extra towels and sweaters.

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, May 10 2016, 9:14 am
seeker wrote:
That's beautiful. The collaborative conversation on this website is one of the reasons we are all here. Explain to me again why we can't talk about our experiences and share 2 or more cents without hurling personal insults; that part escaped me.

Seriously. Please ignore them. I am actually quite bewildered by their nastiness.

FineOrthodox

Post Tue, May 10 2016, 9:18 am
Then there are the little things necessary for the country but you don't need at home. Technically they are all available upstate in the supermarket but cost double the price, so I like to shlep it along.

Sun screen
Sun hats
Off spray
Mosquito repellent bracelets
Benadryl
Tic remover
Rubber mat and rubber bin for wet shoes (saves me towels after a rainy day)
Rain coats
Air fresheners
Bandaids / creams
Flashlights batteries
Extra tea lights in case of blackout

causemommysaid

Post Tue, May 10 2016, 9:27 am
not sure if anyone mentioned this. I would get sandals that protect the toes. the open toe ones have no protection if the bang into something or if something falls on their foot.

seeker

Post Tue, May 10 2016, 9:27 am
final thought on this diversion, and I'm only even staying off topic this long because you insist on abusing amother so I have no other way to reach you. There is a way to deliver critique without shaming people, especially when they are not anonymous. The first thing you can do is click the "pm" button. Then you can say something like this: "hi seeker, you probably don't realize this but when you say things like [....] people might find it off-putting because [....]. Maybe try [different idea] in the future."

Of course if helpfulness and respect aren't your intention then that would explain the need to use amother. But that would be ironic since you seem to be criticizing my supposed lack of helpfulness and respect, unless I'm misreading something.

OK back to your regularly scheduled programming.

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, May 10 2016, 9:34 am
Friedda wrote:

That was another poster. Incidentally, that poster's SN had a very similar meaning to this one and started with the same letter, but was definitely not seeker.

Now bug off and get a life.

sneakermom

Post Tue, May 10 2016, 9:55 am
seeker wrote:
final thought on this diversion, and I'm only even staying off topic this long because you insist on abusing amother so I have no other way to reach you. There is a way to deliver critique without shaming people, especially when they are not anonymous. The first thing you can do is click the "pm" button. Then you can say something like this: "hi seeker, you probably don't realize this but when you say things like [....] people might find it off-putting because [....]. Maybe try [different idea] in the future."

Of course if helpfulness and respect aren't your intention then that would explain the need to use amother. But that would be ironic since you seem to be criticizing my supposed lack of helpfulness and respect, unless I'm misreading something.

OK back to your regularly scheduled programming.

I am absolutely horrified how this thread derailed. I had no idea that would happen. I apologize if my comment caused that.

the world's best mom

Post Tue, May 10 2016, 10:03 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
Seriously. Please ignore them. I am actually quite bewildered by their nastiness.
This. What is everyone's problem? Besides the poster who is yelling at the wrong person for something she didn't do, what made everyone else decide to attack?

the world's best mom

Post Tue, May 10 2016, 10:05 am
causemommysaid wrote:
not sure if anyone mentioned this. I would get sandals that protect the toes. the open toe ones have no protection if the bang into something or if something falls on their foot.
I agree. Closed toed sandals are much better.

the world's best mom

Post Tue, May 10 2016, 10:08 am
FineOrthodox wrote:
Then there are the little things necessary for the country but you don't need at home. Technically they are all available upstate in the supermarket but cost double the price, so I like to shlep it along.

Sun screen
Sun hats
Off spray
Mosquito repellent bracelets
Benadryl
Tic remover
Rubber mat and rubber bin for wet shoes (saves me towels after a rainy day)
Rain coats
Air fresheners
Bandaids / creams
Flashlights batteries
Extra tea lights in case of blackout

Maybe I just live in the wrong neighborhood, but Walmart, Save Rite and Amazing Savings all carry these kind of things for much cheaper than I can buy them at home.

I use Yahrzeit candles for black outs- and flashlights are a must. And we tend to have black outs around once a summer.

the world's best mom

Post Tue, May 10 2016, 10:10 am
FineOrthodox wrote:
Wow this thread took a heavy detour...

Back to op, 2 pairs of footwear, an extra bathing suit (you can get em by Walmart for $5) extra towels and sweaters.
But Walmart does run out of bathing suits fairly early on. Especially adult sizes that are not bikinis. Murray's Kosher Socks has them, but for more expensive.

yogabird

Post Tue, May 10 2016, 10:10 am
the world's best mom wrote:
This. What is everyone's problem? Besides the poster who is yelling at the wrong person for something she didn't do, what made everyone else decide to attack?

I'll bet it's the same poster posting as amother.
Page 3 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics