Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
I need a new set of pots. What do you suggest?

amother
Brown

Post Sun, May 29 2016, 9:52 am
I do alot of cooking, and have a large family, kah. I am looking to buy a new set of pots, I want a set that comes with larger size pots, like 6 - 8 quarts, along with the usual smaller size ones and fry pans. But I want a set that is easy to clean and will stay shiny. Also, what is your opinion regarding metal handles as opposed to the old fashioned plastic/rubber ones on the pots I have now? If you have pots you are thrilled with, or on the other hand, if you have pots that are very hard to maintain, I'd like to hear about it as well. Thanks!

mha3484

Post Sun, May 29 2016, 9:57 am
I love my calphalon pots and pans.

chocolatecake

Post Sun, May 29 2016, 10:08 am
I have a set ot circulon and a set of farberware. The farberware are impossuble to clean and the circulon are a dream. I would highly recommend circulon

Post Sun, May 29 2016, 10:31 am
I have Rachel Ray and they are great! Reasonable price and very easy washed.

ra_mom

Post Sun, May 29 2016, 11:37 am
chocolatecake wrote:
I have a set ot circulon and a set of farberware. The farberware are impossuble to clean and the circulon are a dream. I would highly recommend circulon

Which set of farberware and which set of circulon? I find that makes a difference.

twogees

Post Sun, May 29 2016, 2:01 pm
I have both a set of rachel ray and farberware and love both.

PassionFruit

Post Sun, May 29 2016, 2:13 pm
calpholon all the way

flmommy

Post Sun, May 29 2016, 2:45 pm
I just recently bought a set of sur la table pots and pans. Cost was $300 for an 11 piece set. It is non stick. I did extensive research and this was a great brand for the price. I am suuuuppper happy so far.

amazingmommy

Post Sun, May 29 2016, 5:10 pm
Termontina
Very happy!

outoftowner21

Post Sun, May 29 2016, 8:21 pm
Tramontina from walmart. They are as good as all clad at a tenth of the price. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Tram.....81112

mochacoffee

Post Sun, May 29 2016, 8:35 pm
Love Rachel Ray pots. Really easy to clean, my other brand name companies always gave me cleaning issues.

etky

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 12:44 am
I would look very carefully at the set to see if indeed all its members are pots and pans that you really need and use.
You obviously are not new to cooking. You probably have pots and pans that you use much more frequently than others. You know what your cooking needs are.
Almost inevitably, any set you buy will include pots in a size or shape (shape is important too and it is something that is often overlooked) that don't really suit your cooking needs and habits. You might even decide that you need two pots of the same size....
It might be costlier but perhaps it's more efficient in the long run to buy the pots a la carte rather than as a set, allowing you to pick and choose what you really need.
Also, this way you can combine non-stick pots with stainless - each of which offer their own advantages - and get the best of both worlds by fine tuning your purchases to your specific cooking needs.
Personallly I have mostly stainless pots (Soltam - the Israeli equivalent of farberware in terms of durability) that I've been using for over two decades.
For non-stick I have some good hard-anodized pots that I love. They cook very well and clean up beautifully but I do have to replace them after ten or fifteen years. Maybe the American brands like Calphalon and Circulon are more durable.

amother
Linen

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 1:08 am
Kormaz great or Sultan from Israel
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen