Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Anyone went to picture people recently?

frumama

Post Wed, Jun 22 2016, 7:17 pm
I'm wondering what to expect to spend when I go to picture people .I have several children and I want to take individual pictures of each and I don't want to get just one package with all the same picture. I definitely want to get the CD and a large collage with all the kids. Anyone do anything similar recently and has an idea of what the cost would be.

watergirl

Post Wed, Jun 22 2016, 7:20 pm
frumama wrote:
I'm wondering what to expect to spend when I go to picture people .I have several children and I want to take individual pictures of each and I don't want to get just one package with all the same picture. I definitely want to get the CD and a large collage with all the kids. Anyone do anything similar recently and has an idea of what the cost would be.

They are a national chain - just look on their website, all the prices are listed. Or call their 800 number and ask. Btw - they are always fantastic.

frumama

Post Wed, Jun 22 2016, 8:37 pm
Their website listed what's included in the packages but I could not find the prices for it. I would like to go in there knowing exactly what I want otherwise they will get me for much more than what I need.

bnm

Post Wed, Jun 22 2016, 9:41 pm
cd is 150 without coupons. They sometimes have a package for 250 involving the cd, prints and some framed pictures. Check for coupons. a single sheet is 18 or 20. Good luck!

real israeli

Post Wed, Jun 22 2016, 9:43 pm
You do know that jcp portraits is much cheaper right?

frumama

Post Wed, Jun 22 2016, 10:26 pm
real israeli wrote:
You do know that jcp portraits is much cheaper right?

Yes. But unfortunately we had a really awful experience with them.

lkwdlady

Post Wed, Jun 22 2016, 10:31 pm
picture people is the best! I am not a spender and don't even take pictures often. When I do, I only go to the picture people. They have very good equipment and the photographers are trained well. By other photographers you sometimes don't have a decent photo to choose from. With the picture people there are usually a few to choose from that you really want. I usually only take what the coupon offers. Search for coupons before you go. I think you can also order an album online once the pictures are posted on your account. That is much cheaper than buying all the pictures.

suremom

Post Wed, Jun 22 2016, 10:50 pm
any location which would be better over another?

real israeli

Post Wed, Jun 22 2016, 10:51 pm
I don't know where you're located but the jcp at ocean county mall is fantastic! They take better pics than the pic people in the same mall!

Regarding picture people: look out for their sales: they recently had collage frames for 50 off

cnc

Post Wed, Jun 22 2016, 11:21 pm
real israeli wrote:
I don't know where you're located but the jcp at ocean county mall is fantastic! They take better pics than the pic people in the same mall!

Regarding picture people: look out for their sales: they recently had collage frames for 50 off

I also had a problem with JCP.
When I received my pictures my kids heads were cut off.
I called them and they told me the pics can't be cropped to the size that I ordered. I found that pretty strange. I ordered them in person together with the photographer.
They ended up sending me new pictures in a different size.

seeker

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 12:54 am
I dunno, I went to Picture People because everyone said they were the best but I was totally unimpressed. Maybe we got the wrong photographer, I dunno. And I was unaware going in that if I ordered a package (I had prepaid with a groupon) it had to be all the same picture - I ended up with much more than I needed and only one shot because I couldn't spend more than the initial package, when what I really would have wanted was fewer prints of a few different poses. To get that would have been really expensive.

I have seen other people get really great pictures at JCP. Next time I would try there and if I get something like heads cut off I'd take it up with the higher levels of customer service. How bad was your "really awful experience"?

bnm

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 1:34 pm
Just got a Picture People coupon that will give you a $25 montage for 12.50 and you can have 50% off whatever else you buy. I read the fine print and they didn't exclude cds, only the large portrait packages so you can get 50 off the cd and whatever prints you order.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics