Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
People are Individuals - recent shootings
  Previous  1  2  3  4 14  15  16  Next

allthingsblue

Post Fri, Jul 08 2016, 6:25 pm
shoshanim999 wrote:
I'm sorry if the facts aren't convenient for you but when extremist jews do crazy things they are in the extreme minority. I'm not lumping all black people together but it is a statistical fact that black people were responsible for 51% of the murders in this country between 1980 and 2008. I guess 51% isn't everybody but seriously, let's not pretend that its only a tiny minority.
Very Happy are you trying to say that 51% of black are murderes? If so, your logic is wrong. Those numbers (if they are true) tell us only that 51% of murders were committed by blacks, NOT that 51% of blacks are murderers. Also, who murdered the other 49%??? Maybe cops should be quick to kill all those people too!

wondergirl

Post Fri, Jul 08 2016, 6:29 pm
Maya wrote:
Wondergirl, please step off your soapbox for thirty seconds and take the time to read what I am writing.

Definition of race relations:
noun
(functioning as pl) the relations between members of two or more human races, esp within a single community
(functioning as sing) the branch of sociology concerned with such relations

I don't recall saying anything about blaming white people for all the problems of black people.

I asked you to elaborate on what you mean by "race relations" but you gave me a definition instead. Okay then.
But do you understand what it means when a black person talks about race relations?
Do you understand what it means when a black person talks about "white privilege"?
Do you understand what it means when black people talk about "microaggressions" and "safe spaces"?
I will give you a hint, they all involve white people being blamed for all the problems in the black communities. That is why I asked you to elaborate on race relations without blaming white people for all the problems in the black communities but that is impossible so thank you for proving it.

BasMelech120

Post Fri, Jul 08 2016, 6:35 pm
Maya wrote:
A movement to raise awareness about race relations.

Uh... no. It's a movement similar to the KKK, but the other way around. A movement that disregards that WHITE men fought for their freedom and for the abolishing of slavery. A group that has lost sight of the freedom that we ALL share as Americans. A group of people who have continuously called for the killing of police officers on many occasions in the past few years. A group who is being fostered and furthered by the current president of the United States.
Should I go on?

If you want to find a true movement that was here to raise awareness about race relations? Try Martin Luther King. He made great strides. And he's never killed a police officer that was there to protect his very rights.

Maya

Post Fri, Jul 08 2016, 6:35 pm
wondergirl wrote:
I asked you to elaborate on what you mean by "race relations" but you gave me a definition instead. Okay then.
But do you understand what it means when a black person talks about race relations?
Do you understand what it means when a black person talks about "white privilege"?
Do you understand what it means when black people talk about "microaggressions" and "safe spaces"?
I will give you a hint, they all involve white people being blamed for all the problems in the black communities. That is why I asked you to elaborate on race relations without blaming white people for all the problems in the black communities but that is impossible so thank you for proving it.

Oh, you took that as proof? Cool. You're welcome.
I guess a further explanation is not needed, then.

ohmygosh

Post Fri, Jul 08 2016, 6:36 pm
Quote:
And Alton Sterling in Baton Rouge was pinned on the ground, according to this quote from a NYTimes article:

Whatever else you may do, Maya, please don't tell me that you take what you read in the NY Times to be truth. I think most Jews know by now, from their portrayal of Israel, how untrue their 'facts' are.

Maya

Post Fri, Jul 08 2016, 6:39 pm
ohmygosh wrote:
Quote:
And Alton Sterling in Baton Rouge was pinned on the ground, according to this quote from a NYTimes article:

Whatever else you may do, Maya, please don't tell me that you take what you read in the NY Times to be truth. I think most Jews know by now, from their portrayal of Israel, how untrue their 'facts' are.

LOL. So now everything they say is a lie because you don't like their coverage of Israel?

Okay, here's an excerpt from a Fox News article. You know, those who are always so honest:
Quote:
In the video, which appears to be shot from inside a nearby parked car, one of two police officers outside the store can be seen tackling the man in the red shirt and wrestling him to the ground. Then the other officer helps him hold the man down.

Last edited by Maya on Fri, Jul 08 2016, 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

wondergirl

Post Fri, Jul 08 2016, 6:40 pm
Maya wrote:
Oh, you took that as proof? Cool. You're welcome.
I guess a further explanation is not needed, then.

You don't have an explanation that is why you keep going in circles without really saying anything which is a circular fallacy. But if you come up with a good way to explain race relations without blaming white people for the problems in the black communities then I would love to hear it.

BasMelech120

Post Fri, Jul 08 2016, 6:40 pm
Maya wrote:
Do you think the forefathers envisioned military-grade machine guns that can shoot a hundred bullets in the hands of civilians, or was their knowledge limited to a little handgun which shot a bullet and then took a minute to reload?

By this logic, you have given up your right to practice the First Amendment on your laptop, computer, iPhone, iPad, Blackberry, or any other technological device. After all, our forefathers back then wrote with ink and a quill! They didn't envision devices that could reach people all over the world within seconds! So, if this is still indeed your argument, please get some parchment, ink, and a quill, write your message, and have a man on a horse deliver it to the person you want to get the letter to.

Maya

Post Fri, Jul 08 2016, 6:41 pm
BasMelech120 wrote:
By this logic, you have given up your right to practice the First Amendment on your laptop, computer, iPhone, iPad, Blackberry, or any other technological device. After all, our forefathers back then wrote with ink and a quill! They didn't envision devices that could reach people all over the world within seconds! So, if this is still indeed your argument, please get some parchment, ink, and a quill, write your message, and have a man on a horse deliver it to the person you want to get the letter to.

What?

BasMelech120

Post Fri, Jul 08 2016, 6:44 pm
Maya wrote:
Oh, it seemed you had it all figured out, with your posts about black crime, and blaming only black people for all their troubles.

Educate yourself by reading relevant books on the topic.

Ah, the typical response when a BLM advocate is asked for facts.

shoshanim999

Post Fri, Jul 08 2016, 6:45 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
Very Happy are you trying to say that 51% of black are murderes? If so, your logic is wrong. Those numbers (if they are true) tell us only that 51% of murders were committed by blacks, NOT that 51% of blacks are murderers. Also, who murdered the other 49%??? Maybe cops should be quick to kill all those people too!

Your not alarmed that 14% of the population is committing 51% of the murders?

ohmygosh

Post Fri, Jul 08 2016, 6:45 pm
The fact is, none of us know what occured in that situation and why the cop used his gun. We don't have the full audio/video. But I, for one, am sick and tired of everyone assuming it's due to race before knowing all the facts. I am sick of the black community rising up and rioting without knowing what happened. They take one fact -white officer shot black guy- and make the assumption that it was due to race. A white cop nowadays would have to be very stupid to shoot a black guy 'just because'. I don't think anyone in their right mind would do that.

Let the facts play out. Not everything is about race.

As an aside, I did watch the video, and I found it VERY off putting and strange that when her boyfriend was sitting there and moaning and dying, she didn't touch him once or try to help him, but rather continued to talk into the live FB feed.

By the way, I read that the officer who shot this man was Asian.

Last edited by ohmygosh on Fri, Jul 08 2016, 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Maya

Post Fri, Jul 08 2016, 6:46 pm
wondergirl wrote:
You don't have an explanation that is why you keep going in circles without really saying anything which is a circular fallacy. But if you come up with a good way to explain race relations without blaming white people for the problems in the black communities then I would love to hear it.

The way I see it, race relations is an awareness of how white people see black, and vice versa, and how those perceptions make us act towards each other, on both sides. This has nothing to do with blame, but is simply an education of why people do what they do with regards to race. It is not condoning or condemning, it is just about being made aware, which is always the first step to reform.

Maya

Post Fri, Jul 08 2016, 6:47 pm
BasMelech120 wrote:
Ah, the typical response when a BLM advocate is asked for facts.

I am not a Black Lives Matter advocate. I know very little about the details of the movement. But I will defend hateful attitudes wherever it is appropriate.

And yes, the best way to educate yourself is by reading and getting informed. Take the responsibility to do that.

BasMelech120

Post Fri, Jul 08 2016, 6:48 pm
Maya wrote:
What?

What don't you understand? I will gladly clarify.

Maya

Post Fri, Jul 08 2016, 6:49 pm
BasMelech120 wrote:
What don't you understand? I will gladly clarify.

I fail to see the comparison. Are people getting killed by writing on iPhones and computers?

BasMelech120

Post Fri, Jul 08 2016, 6:51 pm
Maya wrote:
I am not a Black Lives Matter advocate. I know very little about the details of the movement. But I will defend hateful attitudes wherever it is appropriate.

And yes, the best way to educate yourself is by reading and getting informed. Take the responsibility to do that.

I will take the responsibility to educate myself on matters that are real, important, or matters that are actually harmful or threatening to people. Black people blaming white people for their problems is simply a lazy response to their own issues. There is not a single freedom that Black people do not have today. Not a SINGLE one.
That is why I would love to hear from you about the real white-on-black issues facing the black communities. Once you have pointed them out and made the issue clear, I'd love to have a read at the relevant topics. But just screaming 'racism' will not get anyone anywhere. You have to be able to actually point it out.

octopus

Post Fri, Jul 08 2016, 6:52 pm
Maya wrote:
Do you think the forefathers envisioned military-grade machine guns that can shoot a hundred bullets in the hands of civilians, or was their knowledge limited to a little handgun which shot a bullet and then took a minute to reload?

I think taking away amendment rights are a slippery slope. I would hesitate to go there.

BasMelech120

Maya wrote:
I fail to see the comparison. Are people getting killed by writing on iPhones and computers?

Of course!

Cyberbullying, texting threatening content to others, urging others to kill themselves... The threat is real, Maya. I don't think our Forefathers were envisioning this.

gp2.0

ohmygosh wrote:
The fact is, none of us know what occured in that situation and why the cop used his gun. We don't have the full audio/video ( But I, for one, am sick and tired of everyone assuming it's due to race before knowing all the facts. I am sick of the black community rising up and rioting without knowing what happened. They take one fact -white officer shot black guy- and make the assumption that it was due to race. A white cop nowadays would have to be very stupid to shoot a black guy 'just because'. I don't think anyone in their right mind would do that.

Let the facts play out. Not everything is about race.

As an aside, I did watch the video, and I found it VERY off putting and strange that when her boyfriend was sitting there and moaning and dying, she didn't touch him once or try to help him, but rather continued to talk into the live FB feed.

By the way, I read that the officer who shot this man was Asian.

Are you kidding me??????? If she moved even one inch, the officer would have SHOT HER DEAD TOO. With her young DAUGHTER in the back seat. Do you not hear him yelling at her to keep her hands on the wheel? Did you not see how she's taken out of the car, forced to get on her knees, hands in the air, handcuffed, taken to a police station? Why? For no reason.

Did you hear her praying? "please Lord let my boyfriend be okay, please Lord." Did you see the end of the video, where she's distraught and sobbing and her young daughter who looks shell-shocked says "don't worry Mommy...it's gonna be OK...I'll take care of you..."

I don't know how anyone can watch that video without bawling.
Page 3 of 16   Previous  1  2  3  4 14  15  16  Next Recent Topics