Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Is this a chutzpah?
Previous  1  2

debsey

Post Tue, Jul 12 2016, 5:45 pm
It's unethical business practice not to let people know the cost of things upfront. If the t-shirt is mandatory, then the cost of the camp is 2,030.00, not 2,000. Had u known this, it may or may not have been a deal-breaker. Point is, you needed that information beforehand, and u were entitled to it. I'd wrote them a strong letter of protest. I also think that 30.00 for a t-shirt that probably cost them 5 is quite inflated.

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Jul 12 2016, 6:25 pm
" It's not reasonable to inform parents only the night before, but is it possible they mentioned it earlier and your child forgot to tell you? Just a thought.
"

And if they told her son?. You can't tell a child something that you want the parent to know.

Miri7

Post Wed, Jul 13 2016, 12:28 am
Our camp provides each camper with one t shirt. And they are required to have one for trips. That seems like the best way to me.

What I also appreciate is that a replacement or extra t shirt is $10 while the other camp swag starts at $25. So the do make replacing it less painful. Your camp shouldn't be surprising you with this extra expense.

Hatemywig

Post Wed, Jul 13 2016, 12:54 am
it should have been included in extra camp costs in the paperwork.

BTW I have a feeling we may be talking about a sweatshirt, not a Tshirt.

DrMom

Post Wed, Jul 13 2016, 1:02 am
Hatemywig wrote:

A sweatshirt for summer camp?

m in Israel

Post Wed, Jul 13 2016, 4:19 am
Hatemywig wrote:

I highly doubt it -- OP said he needs it for the trip. Usually it is Tshirts that are worn on trips. (Dr.Mom, many camps in the U.S. do have camp sweatshirts as it often gets chilly in the evenings in the mountains. Also often a specific division will all get sweatshirts for that division. But I've never heard of them being mandatory or brought on trips, as opposed to Tshirts which are commonly required.)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics