Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Any one canceling their trip to miami cuz of zika?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Yellow

Post Sat, Aug 20 2016, 11:26 pm
amother wrote:

It's like the single moms who take drugs while they are pregnant and then shocked they harmed their babies after baby is born.

OT, but I happen to not know of any single moms who took drugs while pregnant. I did know of a married woman who got high while pregnant.

amother
Amethyst

Post Sat, Aug 20 2016, 11:29 pm
Well then count yourself lucky they you don't deal with the after effects of children born to such moms. But if you are interested you can google for more info.

But this is totally off topic cdc put out a warning and not to listen is plain dumb if not worse.

Amarante

Post Sat, Aug 20 2016, 11:39 pm
What does the marital status of a woman have to do with anything.

I am sure there are married women who have unhealthy behavior as well as single.

The only possible correlation would be age of the woman since a young teenager is less likely to be married and a young teenager is probably more reckless in general. It's why teenagers have more accidents as literally their frontal reasoning part of the brain is nit fully developed.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Aug 21 2016, 12:35 am
As a mother of a special needs child I have many, many friends who have children with microcephaly. It is NOT fun. At best, those children are mildly '[crazy]'. At worst, they are severely disabled. It's not worth the risk of a trip to florida.

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Aug 21 2016, 1:11 am
My RE will not treat patients who have been to Zika-affected areas (husbands too) for a minimum of 8 weeks. This is serious stuff.

mommydearest

Post Sun, Aug 21 2016, 1:52 am
We were planning to go end of September. Cancelled. Not sure what the effects may be long term. Not risking it.

Raisin

Post Sun, Aug 21 2016, 3:41 pm
Do any imamothers live in Florida? How are people coping with this??? Has anyone asked a Rav about putting off ttc for this reason? It must be so traumatic! Sad

Amarante

Post Sun, Aug 21 2016, 5:55 pm
Raisin wrote:
Do any imamothers live in Florida? How are people coping with this??? Has anyone asked a Rav about putting off ttc for this reason? It must be so traumatic! Sad

How it feels t be pregnant in Miami. Crying

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08.....-well

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Aug 21 2016, 7:45 pm
The virus can incubate in women for up to six months.

There is evidence that it can live in sperm for at least two years and that is just what they know so far.

In the spring time the cdc had posted that the incubation period was merely one week. They have been changing their recommendations and therefore I would be even more cautious than the cdc currently recommends. If at all avoidable, stay away from zika zones.

Men in their child bearing years should be even more cautious.

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Aug 21 2016, 8:30 pm
https://www.google.com/amp/wsv...../amp/

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Aug 22 2016, 9:29 am
amother wrote:
My RE will not treat patients who have been to Zika-affected areas (husbands too) for a minimum of 8 weeks. This is serious stuff.

I'm not sure what RE means but Zika is not contagious.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Aug 22 2016, 9:31 am
Raisin wrote:

People are cautious but not freaking out. I'd hardly say it's traumatic.

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Aug 22 2016, 9:40 am
amother wrote:

It can be s-xually transmitted, so it's not only pregnant/ttc women who have to be careful. Their male partners need to be careful too.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Aug 22 2016, 9:47 am
amother wrote:
It can be s-xually transmitted, so it's not only pregnant/ttc women who have to be careful. Their male partners need to be careful too.

Right, so unless the RE is sleeping around I don't see why they'd be concerned.

imasoftov

Post Mon, Aug 22 2016, 9:56 am
amother wrote:

Reproductive Endocrinologist?

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Aug 22 2016, 9:59 am
amother wrote:
Right, so unless the RE is sleeping around I don't see why they'd be concerned.

An RE is a fertility doctor. The poster you were responding to said her fertility doctor won't treat couples where either one of them has recently been to a zika area until a certain amount of time has elapsed. That makes perfect sense. Even if it's only the man who went, since it is s-xually transmitted, it is better for the woman not to get pregnant until they are sure he didn't get zika (or if he did, that it's out of his system). The doctor isn't concerned about himself passing on zika, he's concerned about the pregnancy of a couple that is a risk for it.

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Aug 22 2016, 10:17 am
amother wrote:
Reproductive Endocrinologist. He won't help people who've been there get pregnant because of the risks to the baby.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Aug 22 2016, 10:22 am
imasoftov wrote:
Reproductive Endocrinologist?

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks!

HonesttoGod

Post Mon, Aug 22 2016, 10:32 am
Raisin wrote:

I have many friends in Miami.
One said she has seen very few mosquitoes this summer the other says she hasn't seen any.
They all use A LOT of spray, they have candles and anti-mosquito things all over their houses and are just generally careful to be covered as much as possible.
Same as in Rio now with the games. They were given SO much bug spray.

Yes one should be careful and I wouldn't travel to Miami now but I also wouldn't cancel an already booked trip (especially if it cost me $$$), I would just be extra cautious.

cbg

Post Mon, Aug 22 2016, 10:40 am
Raisin wrote:

I live in Aventura, close to NMB, I'm not at this stage in life anymore , but have lots of friends that are.
I think outside of FL, the media is making a bigger scare, than in FL.
We have to live normal lives, but some are scared.
Some spray, personally I don't.
We are vigilant not to leave any standing water around the house.
We don't have parties, with food, outside, don't know what will happen Sukkot time, since food attracts more mosquitos.
Some use personal devises that don't allow mosquitos to come near them.
Personally, I don't think people should cancel their trips, just if you are going to be outdoors spray several times a day.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics