Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Putting two twin beds together? Please help me figure it out

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Nov 15 2016, 2:46 am
We need new beds after a bedbug infestation Sad . Our old ones had box spring mattresses. The ones I like in the store are twin beds that have a frame around them. They aren't meant to be pushed together. Would you buy them?

applesandhoney

Post Tue, Nov 15 2016, 3:34 am
I have that in my bedroom - 2 twins each with a separate bedframe. It looks very nice both apart (as 2 twins) or pushed together (as a king). If you're interested, I'd be happy to show you a picture to give you an idea if you're struggling. Hatzlacha!

fiji

Post Tue, Nov 15 2016, 3:37 am
We slept on beds like that when we were on vacation. When we pushed them together there was a BIG gap bc of the frames. We hated it and couldnt wait to get back to out own beds.

behappy2

Post Tue, Nov 15 2016, 3:59 am
We have twin beds and we pull a belt around the frames and place a foam piece specifically designed for that purpose. We use king sheets. You wouldn't know that it wasn't a king size bed.

imasinger

Post Tue, Nov 15 2016, 4:03 am
If the frames have a part that would stick up between the two mattresses, I would look elsewhere. Find something that has an edge on 3 sides, and is flat on the place you want to push it together.

Sorry about the bedbugs, ugh!

Iymnok

Post Tue, Nov 15 2016, 4:43 am
If there is no frame in between, a good king size sheet holds very well for us. I find it comfortable. We even have pillowtop mattresses.
We only have a flannel king sheet.
The beds don't separate because there is a frame on the outer sides, holding the mattresses together. The feet also don't slide.
Could the sideboard be removed from the ones you like?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics