Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Alternative approach (spinoff)
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 10:37 pm
amother wrote:
Are you always this obnoxious IRL?

Yup

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 10:38 pm
gold21 wrote:
lol. at least youre witty, and I mean that seriously. LOL

ok, I will get back to you with a blanket statement that you did make.
thanks for the compliment! Very Happy

gold21

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 10:39 pm
amother wrote:
most ppl I know give it for fever to lower fever. pain relief is an added benefit. I dont give for fever. the fever needs to run its course and tylenol doesnt heal the underlying cause of fever.
when a kid has pain I try to treat the cause of the pain. unless I cant like a broken foot. even then I'll first try arnica but if it doesnt help I give tylenol/motrin.

it seems wrong to delay relieving someone else's pain because it doesnt suit your belief system, especially if you dont avoid pain relief for yourself.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 10:40 pm
amother wrote:
So you clearly feel superior to everyone else based on your superior approach to your children's health, you feel comfortable demeaning othe women with names such as "druggies" due to their choices of how they care for their children, you have no other sources of expert health care advice except for Dr. Google and your brilliant sisters with their superior healthy families....and you expect people to take you seriously?

What's to take seriously? I'm just sharing my approach. Not looking to "convert" anyone.

gold21

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 10:40 pm
Seashells wrote:
Is baby Tylenol bad?? I gave it to my baby two times when she had fever! Can it hurt her??

baby Tylenol is AWESOME. youre a great mom!!

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 10:42 pm
notshanarishona wrote:
Yes, there is another approach, It's called negligence and child abuse under the guise of natural parenting.

You are entitled to feel that way. My kids are bh healthy without all the meds. I'm confident in my views.

nursemomma

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 10:43 pm
amother wrote:
I was raised this way LOL I was the smartest (and youngest) in my class too. graduated with an honors regents diploma and was valedictorian.
only difference is, I never had a relationship with a dr as a child and I make sure my kids do have.

The reason your kids are smart are because of GENETICS- not natural parenting. You just said so yourself...
On that note, someone I know who also doesn't vaccinate, is gluten free, sugar free, organic, no tylenol ,Motrin- guess what! Her kids are sick all the time (I personally saw her baby struggle with cold after cold, crying in pain all winter), they are not bright (P3 tutors etc. ), and are all chubby. You know why?? Because of their GENES.
I'm sorry for bursting your egoistic bubble.

gold21

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 10:43 pm
amother wrote:
I also dont seee the big deal about strep that ppl run right away.
strep throat treat with raw honey, apple cider vinegar, garlic.
actually garlic can be used as abx for anything.

blanket statement-- garlic can be used as abx for anything.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 10:45 pm
EnnuiGalore wrote:
Bronze another should have her children taken away and placed with a responsible relative. This anti-vax, anti-science approach is neglectful and in emergent situations, is abusive as well.

I'm pro science, pro health, and anti vaccine. I take excellent care of my family despite you thinking otherwise.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 10:47 pm
gold21 wrote:
it seems wrong to delay relieving someone else's pain because it doesnt suit your belief system, especially if you dont avoid pain relief for yourself.
we dont do tylenol/motrin. except for exceptions. I will never take/give for headache, stomachache or other normal pain. we try to relieve it in a different natural way. tea to soothe stomach. only when theres no other way like a broken foot which was seen by a dr or postpartum for me (after trying herbs that didnt work) because I need to care for a newborn.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 10:48 pm
EnnuiGalore wrote:
Take your meds. You're making everyone nervous with all the exclamation points.

Nope. I didn't get nervous from them at all.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 10:48 pm
gold21 wrote:
it cant?

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 10:49 pm
gold21 wrote:

There are a portion of individuals who read, 'garlic may have some antibiotic properties' and immediately jump to 'garlic can be used instead of any and all antibiotics'.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 10:51 pm
gold21 wrote:
Er... I never give cough medicine. Many people don't.

What? You are making your kid suffer! How can you not give cough meds?! (sarcastic)

amother
Lemon

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 10:51 pm
amother wrote:
Do I need to explain it to u too in simpler words? Ok, here goes:

Antibiotics is here for a reason FOR WHEN WE NEED IT, understand so far? Yes, when one has a strep, pneumonia, etc.....don't play around with that, it's dangerous, unless ur under guidance from a professional! It's NOT made for every cough, it's totally out of hand!

And again, ull say it's not proof, fact is they know it's dangerous or they wouldn't have it only prescribed and with exact dosage!

Every single consumable item on earth has a safe dosage, including water. You're correct in that too much or too little [of anything] isn't safe. Drinking one cup of water a month could cause dehydration and drinking a thousand cups of water a day could cause water intoxication. Taking a tiny dose of antibiotics could cause a new strain of immune bacteria and taking way too much could kill lots of good bacteria in your body. However, just like 8 cups of water a day is a good idea, sometimes taking a prescribed amount of antibiotics is a good idea.

The key is to be as educated as possible, so you choose wisely and confidently. It's a shame that you live in gripping fear of things that are quite harmless. The world would be a much nicer place for you if you chose to learn about things rather than live in fear and abstinence of anything unfamiliar.

gold21

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 10:53 pm
amother wrote:
it cant?

youre suggesting that, say, instead of giving Bactrim to an infant with a UTI and high fever, simply give the child garlic.

in answer to your question, no, it cant.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 10:56 pm
gold21 wrote:
youre suggesting that, say, instead of giving Bactrim to an infant with a UTI and high fever, simply give the child garlic.

in answer to your question, no, it cant.

I dont have experience of an infant with uti and high fever. for a toddler with uti and fever ive used garlic, cranberry concentrate, and lots of fluids and Bh it went away.
garlic is natures abx.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 10:56 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Wow OP, thank you SO much for coming here and enlightening us ignorant peasants. We had NO idea that there was such a thing as "natural medicine"! What would we do without you? Rolling Eyes

Have you ever had Scarlet Fever? No? Then shut up.

Quit saying that strep is no big deal, until you've been put in a quarantine unit and given IV antibiotics and fluids because you are at serious risk of heart damage. Let me tell you, it's no fun. It took me two months to fully recover.

Unfortunately for you, I will not shut up. I have a right to speak up even if you don't think so. I know your views, (you've always got quite a mouthful), and I disagree. We always hear the medical view, and now I'm sharing the alternative. Don't like it? Too bad.

gold21

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 10:57 pm
amother wrote:
What? You are making your kid suffer! How can you not give cough meds?! (sarcastic)

because, although this goes against everything you believe, I AM educated and I make intelligent and well thought-out choices in the care of my children. there seems to be a belief in the natural community that non-natural moms are uneducated sheeple. wrap your head around this one- I weigh every decision carefully- I dont feel that cough medicine is as helpful as moist air- I therefore avoid it.

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 10:59 pm
amother wrote:
Unfortunately for you, I will not shut up. I have a right to speak up even if you don't think so. I know your views, (you've always got quite a mouthful), and I disagree. We always hear the medical view, and now I'm sharing the alternative. Don't like it? Too bad.

Your views will be open to criticism. Now I'm gonna gently step back because I think FF may have a special can of whoop azz just for you.
Page 7 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics