Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
My Cleaning Lady Thinks my Son is a Girl!!!
1  2  Next

BennysMommy

Post Mon, Sep 03 2007, 6:57 am
When my cleaning lady sees my son she always says to him "Como estas mi reina?" The first few times I didn't know what she was saying and kept forgetting to ask someone. Then I found out it means "my queen". She also calls him hermosa- beautiful in feminine. He does have a pretty face but it's so obvious he's a boy. I mean, cmon she even folds and puts away his clothes sometimes. She's only here once a week so by the time I realized it was like 2 months or so after she started. Now she's already been coming for months and she still thinks he's a girl. I feel like I should tell her but it's just too weird now!!!! I'm thinking of asking her to change his diaper one day....what a shock that would be!

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Sep 03 2007, 7:31 am
Are you sure she's not being funny? Or that it's just an endearing expression, like calling a kid Mameleh or Tatteleh, regardless of the gender?

greenfire

Post Mon, Sep 03 2007, 7:39 am
say to her ... "no esta hermosa ... pero hermosO" - yeah and let her change the daiper ... shock that'll shut her up for good ...

BennysMommy

Post Mon, Sep 03 2007, 7:43 am
CM no it's not like that. Even if reina was, I know for sure hermosa isn't. You can say hermoso.

Chocoholic

Post Mon, Sep 03 2007, 7:57 am
CM she is not being funny.. I trhink she really doesn´t get it....

if she says ¨como estas mi reina¨ correct her with mi reinito.. when she says hermosa corect her with hermoso or hermosito...............

I think she honestly thinks its a girl - hey which non jewish baby boy has long hair... just correct her gently....................

BennysMommy

Post Mon, Sep 03 2007, 8:09 am
His hair isn't that long and in Argentina it's common for boys to have long hair...

I'm just so embarrassed. Like why didn't I correct her sooner?

Chocoholic

Post Mon, Sep 03 2007, 8:14 am
BennysMommy wrote:
His hair isn't that long and in Argentina it's common for boys to have long hair...

I'm just so embarrassed. Like why didn't I correct her sooner?

Really? Here all boys have short hair.....

Just correct her gently... tell her you didn´t understand her first but now you do.. or start lauging and say...... mi reiniTO!!!!!

suerte

and do not make a big deal out of it......... it´s just a missunderstanding... and you couldn´t know bcuz you didn´t know spanish!

BennysMommy

Post Mon, Sep 03 2007, 8:34 am
Chocoholic wrote:

Where's here?

NotInNJMommy

Post Mon, Sep 03 2007, 9:24 am
Everyone thinks my 2 yr old ds is a girl and my 3mo dd is a boy....even though they clearly dress in gender specific clothing, and have very gender specific features/mannerisms...

I used to take it to heart and correct people, but it happens too often...so I try to ignore the mistakes and just figure that at some point people will figure it out.

Tefila

Post Mon, Sep 03 2007, 9:29 am
Though till they are three most look like girls. One of my sons in particular looked like a girl and still today somewhat ............. shh don't tell him I told u 8)

He was always referred to as a porcelin doll. Whereever my husband or I took him we were stopped 'is she for real' ' she looks like a doll'. Is she a model have u entered her in etc.

Sometimes I corrected them and sometimes I just smiled, and sometimes I just covered his face with a hat etc. Or canopy.

His face itself is very feminine, uh well hopefully a beard will fix that Smile

BennysMommy

Post Mon, Sep 03 2007, 9:48 am
Yeah but it's not like someone who sees him on the street. She comes every week and always always sees him wearing boys clothes. And he has no dresses hanging in his closet. I promise!

momo2boys

Post Mon, Sep 03 2007, 9:50 am
Know what you mean......my "older" son had shoulder length curly hair, I made a middle part w/ two clips covered by the hair on the 2 sides, and he has a petite look, EVERYONE thought he's a girl even though his dressing wouldn't resemble one. well I just corrected and smiled. now he's 3 so no more mistakes!

anyway OP, are you scared of your cleaning lady? just tell her he's a boy, and that's that!!

shlumzmum

Post Mon, Sep 03 2007, 9:57 am
People also thought about my son that he's a girl. he also acted like a girl, really not wild b"h. now he's 3, his hair is cut and started going to cheider so he's acting more like a boy. (I think I liked the girls version better)

u think these non jews understand in clothing?

momo2boys

Post Mon, Sep 03 2007, 9:59 am
well they won't put on sporty (cars & trucks baseball, depends which ones) on their girls

Tefila

Post Mon, Sep 03 2007, 4:53 pm
Just correct her then, whats the problem Confused

Oh and no I never dressed him in pink or dresses eighter Tongue Out it was always sporty, cars, bike, baseball hats sneakers etc Tongue Out

Seriously though I do think the hair throws them off and unless it's really short or he looks like a rugged build they will asume it's a girl.

My twin son on the other hand looked like a boy from day one just b/c of his build and solid features, people would laugh and say he looks like a boxer b/c of the expressions on his face Wink

mummy-bh

Post Mon, Sep 03 2007, 5:07 pm
When my son was about 2 and a half we were on holiday in Wales. In one of the stores there was this really friendly older lady who was chatting to my kids as I was shopping. She asked my son what his name was. He answered, Mendy. She replied Oh Mandy, what a pretty name for such a pretty girl.

greenfire

Post Mon, Sep 03 2007, 5:35 pm
my son at 2 had a long pony ... but wore a yarmulke ... and was very broad ... he looked like a mafia guy ...

on the other hand ... my little dd wore his hand-me-downs and looked like a tough guy too Wink

CAYA

Post Tue, Sep 04 2007, 12:34 pm
everyone that stops me to compliment on my ds says-oh shes so cute. in the begining I didnt like it but now I couldnt care less, I just say-ur sur he looks like a girl, what makes u think so?
I sent pictures to my mil and she calls me up saying that he looks just like a girl, if she wouldnt know hes a boy she'd say hes a girl.....as long as its not the other way around,............

mimivan

Post Tue, Sep 04 2007, 3:29 pm
MosheDavid'sMom

[/quote]I'm thinking of asking her to change his diaper one day....what a shock that would be! [quote] Rolling Laughter

I'm not a big proponent of letting kids run naked (except as a last resort for potty training), but why not let him "escape" while dressing him (mine tries to escape anyway) so she can see him...

But if you've tried to tell her and she doesn't "understand" it may be contrariness on her part...that's why I'd say elminate any doubts, if it is annoying you, and it sounds like it is (would annoy me).

Chocoholic

Post Tue, Sep 04 2007, 4:55 pm
BennysMommy wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:

Where's here?

I live in the Andean region...
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics