Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
How can Trump be so stupid?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Jan 28 2017, 3:30 pm
amother wrote:
The media keeps harping on Obama's high approval rating when he left office

Maybe the people were confused by the wording of the poll question, and had a very high approval of Obama leaving office! LOL

moonstone

Post Sat, Jan 28 2017, 4:18 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Maybe the people were confused by the wording of the poll question, and had a very high approval of Obama leaving office! LOL

Thumbs Up

Post Sat, Jan 28 2017, 7:03 pm
amother wrote:
So here's another thing. The media keeps harping on Obama's high approval rating when he left office,

And we all know how accurate media polls are.

Jeanette

Post Sat, Jan 28 2017, 8:34 pm
Laiya wrote:
Just saw another interesting opinion supporting the notion that everything Trump says to or through the media is deliberate and planned out.

The March for Life (anti abortion march on DC) gets very little media coverage.

By essentially goading the media into claiming the position that accurately reporting participation numbers at demonstrations is very important, the media will lose even more credibility when it again refuses to adequately cover the March for Life this week.

In fact a quick google search just turned up this headline:
Report: Networks Give 129 Times More Coverage to Women's March on Washington Than March for Life
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/l.....76803

Not that Trump's goal is to stop abortions; rather, his ultimate goal is to make it crystal clear to regular Americans just how partisan the mainstream media is.

Another thing. He's also goading the media into making repeated negative statements about him. Another example is his claim of widespread voter fraud, which the media couldn't resist turning into numerous mocking headlines.

Less than a week into his tenure, and all people are hearing is this non-stop stream of negativity.

So the theory is that he's calculating it won't be long before people just start tuning the media out altogether, because when it can't find a single positive thing to say about him, it clearly can't be credible.

Thing is, when Trump goes crazy-tunes on Twitter, I don't need the NYT or the WaPo to tell me, "Here's Trump going crazy-tunes on Twitter." I can read his twitter feed and figure that out myself.

And when the President makes wild baseless claims about voter fraud or crowd sizes or anything else, I expect the media to do their due diligence and publish the truth (or alt-facts, or what have you). That's their job.

Jeanette

Post Sat, Jan 28 2017, 8:38 pm
Fox wrote:
Let me get this straight: President Trump has behaved like a boor. Therefore the way to protest his boorishness is to behave even more boorishly?

I could take a protest against President Trump's boorishness a lot more seriously if the women participating showed up wearing "costumes" of skirts and gloves and managed not to drop f-bombs every two seconds.

My attempt was not to imply that all protests were violent. In fact, I made a point of indicating that I simply couldn't post many of the non-violent pictures. Rather, my point was that many of these people seem to have lost their minds. The image of the woman on the ground, her head thrown back in a primal wail of anguish when Trump uttered the oath, comes to mind.

But I'm not in the least upset. As I said, many of the protesters are doing a great job as unofficial members of Trump's 2020 campaign staff. There's nothing quite like the sight of someone dressed up as genitalia to convince you that you're on the right side of history.

Well you're right about that at least. If Trump's own abusive words and actions towards women (and many others) weren't enough to persuade people not to vote for him, then surely no women's march is going to make a difference one way or another.

Although I'm sure all those "Trump that B**H" signs sure helped get him elected. Must feel great to be on the right side of history!

amother
Slateblue

Post Sat, Jan 28 2017, 8:51 pm
Squishy wrote:
And we all know how accurate media polls are.

Even assuming, arguendo that they were accurate. The same Gallup poll that says he had a high popularity rating when he left office, also says that his overall approval rating was one of the lowest ever.

So why does one fact from the poll get cherry-picked into being headline news, and the rest of the poll isn't even mentioned?

This is dishonest reporting.

ectomorph

Post Sat, Jan 28 2017, 8:55 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
lol!! Actually an interesting possibility!

Jeanette

Post Sat, Jan 28 2017, 10:39 pm
ectomorph wrote:
It turns out that if you include online views probably more people watched his inauguration than before. Also, the photo they're showing was taken before the event started. So I don't know if he's right.

He's trying to establish that people need to decide whether to trust him or the media.

And are you okay with that?

One of the first things abusers do is try to cut you off from outside sources of information. Don't trust anyone else out there. Trust me alone.

Sorry, I can't see myself putting that degree of faith in anyone unless they're a tzadik. Certainly not someone like Trump who has been known to lie once or twice.

ectomorph

Post Sat, Jan 28 2017, 10:41 pm
Jeanette wrote:
And are you okay with that?

One of the first things abusers do is try to cut you off from outside sources of information. Don't trust anyone else out there. Trust me alone.

Sorry, I can't see myself putting that degree of faith in anyone unless they're a tzadik. Certainly not someone like Trump who has been known to lie once or twice.

Why should I trust the media? They hate Israel and were all in for Hilary. They try to manipulate people every day.

Jeanette

Post Sat, Jan 28 2017, 10:44 pm
ectomorph wrote:
Why should I trust the media? They hate Israel and were all in for Hilary. They try to manipulate people every day.

Well, for one thing the media isn't just one person. The media includes many different people with many different viewpoints.

But are you okay with ONE person telling you not to trust ANYONE else but him?

ectomorph

Post Sat, Jan 28 2017, 10:48 pm
Jeanette wrote:
Well, for one thing the media isn't just one person. The media includes many different people with many different viewpoints.

But are you okay with ONE person telling you not to trust ANYONE else but him?
the mainstream media colludes to erode support for Israel and hide anti semitism.
For instance in the study that showed a great increase in anti semitic actions and a mild increase in anti Muslim actions... They only report on the latter.

I don't trust anyone. I judge by their actions. Mainstream media has a strong history of action against Israel and Jews. We'll see what Trump does.

Jeanette

Post Sat, Jan 28 2017, 10:51 pm
ectomorph wrote:
the mainstream media colludes to erode support for Israel and hide anti semitism.
For instance in the study that showed a great increase in anti semitic actions and a mild increase in anti Muslim actions... They only report on the latter.

I don't trust anyone. I judge by their actions. Mainstream media has a strong history of action against Israel and Jews. We'll see what Trump does.

Are you open to the possibility that maybe, sometimes, some criticism of Trump may be justified?

ectomorph

Post Sat, Jan 28 2017, 10:59 pm
Jeanette wrote:
Are you open to the possibility that maybe, sometimes, some criticism of Trump may be justified?

I have plenty of criticism for Trump myself. He's not invited to my house for dinner since he is a very pritzusdik person, for instance.

However, I think he is good for America.

Right now the media has no credibility regarding Trump. Doesn't mean valid criticism doesn't exist.

Jeanette

Post Sat, Jan 28 2017, 11:02 pm
ectomorph wrote:
I have plenty of criticism for Trump myself. He's not invited to my house for dinner since he is a very pritzusdik person, for instance.

Right now the media has no credibility regarding Trump. Doesn't mean valid criticism doesn't exist.

Good!

So do you think it's possible that maybe Trump is making too much of a big deal of his inauguration crowd size?

Is it also possible that he's messing with our heads just a little bit?

Maya

Post Sat, Jan 28 2017, 11:06 pm
ectomorph wrote:

So pritzus is terrible, but straight out lies and "alternative facts" are okay, as long as he is pro Israel.

Your are blinded by your own agendas, and what you are saying here about trusting Trump vs the media is completely illogical.

ectomorph

Post Sat, Jan 28 2017, 11:06 pm
Jeanette wrote:
Good!

So do you think it's possible that maybe Trump is making too much of a big deal of his inauguration crowd size?

Is it also possible that he's messing with our heads just a little bit?

Frankly, I don't care. Obama was just as much of a narcissist, he was just able to hide it better. That's why his work is so easily repealed. Obama didn't think he had to work with anyone.

I think Trump's bark is worse than his bite, and I hope history proves me right. I don't need to decide whether he will be a good leader right now.

ectomorph

Post Sat, Jan 28 2017, 11:07 pm
Maya wrote:
So pritzus is terrible, but straight out lies and "alternative facts" are okay, as long as he is pro Israel.

Your are blinded by your own agendas, and what you are saying here about trusting Trump vs the media is completely illogical.

Trump winning was an alternative fact until he did it. The new York times gave him a 5% chance. So forgive me for not trusting the media for a while.

Jeanette

Post Sat, Jan 28 2017, 11:10 pm
ectomorph wrote:
Frankly, I don't care. Obama was just as much of a narcissist, he was just able to hide it better. That's why his work is so easily repealed. Obama didn't think he had to work with anyone.

I think Trump's bark is worse than his bite, and I hope history proves me right. I don't need to decide whether he will be a good leader right now.

You don't?

What do voters do exactly when they pick a president?

Also you just said that you think Trump is good for America. So I guess you did decide that he would be a good leader! Or maybe you think that America needs something other than a good leader right now.

Last edited by Jeanette on Sat, Jan 28 2017, 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Maya

Post Sat, Jan 28 2017, 11:10 pm
ectomorph wrote:
Trump winning was an alternative fact until he did it. The new York times gave him a 5% chance. So forgive me for not trusting the media for a while.

What?
Those were predictions, not facts, or news stories on things that happened. Can't you see the difference?

Once again, illogical and unreasonable. And so baffling to me.

ectomorph

Post Sat, Jan 28 2017, 11:14 pm
Maya wrote:
What?
Those were predictions, not facts, or news stories on things that happened. Can't you see the difference?

Once again, illogical and unreasonable. And so baffling to me.
crowd sizes are estimates.
I take it as fact that my baby is the cutest ever. The media takes it as fact that Trump was is and is going to be the worst president ever. That bias colors everything.

In the case of my baby, it means that I shouldn't be a judge in a baby cuteness contest.

In the case of the media, it means I don't trust them to tell the truth.
Page 9 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics