Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
New shaitel issue

amother1223

Post Thu, Mar 30 2017, 7:54 pm
Help! I bought a new wig for $1700. The shaitelmacher agreed that it was too full and took some wefts out (it still is too full removing the wefts did nothing) when she saw it was still too full she thinned it..which helped a litte but not that much. when I brought the shaitel home I noticed that there were a few holes in the cap where the wefts were taken out and when I put the shaitel on it stretched out the holes and one of them got bigger. I told her and she said we will take care of it. She sent it to the company and they did a HORRIBLE job fixing it. They basically just sewed together the shaitel cap and left loose threads and it made the cap smaller and too tight on my head. I sent it back to the shaitelmacher for a 2nd time to fix it which she did but its still sewn which annoys me but at this point I am so frustrated im not sure what to do(im not a difficult customer by any means this is just a huge purchase that is made only every few years)

She shipped it back to me and upon inspecting I noticed there was a new big hole that I never saw by the nape. At this point im beside myself. I tell her and she is also shocked and said they will pay to ship it both ways but I was going there anyway so I brought it myself. I go in the store and show her and she fixes it for me with a needle and thread in front of me. I look at it and it has loose threads and it sort of bunched up by the hole. I ask if that is normal she says yes. How can it be normal for a new wig to have a stich sewn up with loose threads? Ive worn it 2 times. I try it on at home and the area it was sewn in is itchy and I can feel it and the cap is still too small. I dont know what to do. I feel like asking for my money back. Is that allowed? Please help!!!

sourstix

Post Thu, Mar 30 2017, 7:57 pm
It sounds very frustrating. You could try your luck and ask for a refund. See where that takes you.

musicmom

Post Thu, Mar 30 2017, 10:58 pm
I hope they give you a refund or a new sheitel.

Why did you choose a sheitel you thought was too full? The problem is you didn't see what you were getting when you paid. However, you paid for a sheitel to be thinned. That didn't happen! Holes are unacceptable.

I once had a disaster that I kept putting more money into hoping they would make things right, but they never were right.

The truth is a good sheitel masher will have problems fixed properly and efficiently, and I am so sorry if this does not work out and you will never go there again. She has the chance to make it right and keep a good customer.

There should be no holes inside the cap! They should not even be sewed up with threads loose or not!

My last sheitel I bought that I was really happy with, well I asked for the clips taken out. They did a quick job with scissors and made a hole in the inside of the cap, then offered to sew it up. WHAT! My new sheitel. I said I didn't want a hole inside my cap and they replaced the whole inside of the cap while I waited, which may have been an hour or something, not all day. They didn't use a seam ripper which they should have!

Anyway I was satisfied they went out of the way to make it right and I really like the sheitel. Right is right and wrong is a feeling in the pit of your stomach. The longer you wait you have less of a chance of getting things fixed.

Be Brave and advocate for yourself!

amother1223

Post Fri, Mar 31 2017, 12:53 pm
Ok so I called her and she said she will switch out the cap and thin it? Do you think this will solve the issue? Im hesitant because my friend had a cap switched out and that ruined her shaitel
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels