Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Is there a demand for science tutors

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sat, May 06 2017, 10:28 pm
I am considering tutoring the sciences for the regents. Is this something you know girls are seeking or do they only want tutors for math? Is chemistry the only science someone would pay for? Before I go and spend hours preparing I wanted to know what the demand is. I live in Monsey, but you can answer if your child is taking regents anywhere in NYS. Thanks!

tigerwife

Post Sat, May 06 2017, 11:25 pm
From my High School experience, there are always girls who will take a crash course before every regent no matter which subject. I would say go for it.

cnc

Post Sat, May 06 2017, 11:32 pm
I think Biology would have a high demand.

amother
Coral

Post Sun, May 07 2017, 9:32 am
I have a similar question, but for boys. Not if it's in demand.. I know it's in demand.. but how do you market to get the word out? (For all sciences: biology chemistry physics etc)

rdmom

Post Sun, May 07 2017, 9:50 am
My daughter takes biology with a tutor. Weekly. But this is a teacher in her school. Maybe call some schools and tell them you are willing to do this and they can refer you to them.

amother
Coral

Post Sun, May 07 2017, 10:09 am
rdmom wrote:
My daughter takes biology with a tutor. Weekly. But this is a teacher in her school. Maybe call some schools and tell them you are willing to do this and they can refer you to them.

What's the going rate?

amother
Brown

Post Sun, May 07 2017, 4:18 pm
I used to tutor in the sciences, from middle school to high school to college level. There is a demand - biology, chemistry, physics.

I don't know the going rate, as I haven't done it in several years and it really depends where you live.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children