Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
How can I get self control and not cheat

amother
Brown

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 5:21 pm
I am on a diet - Tanya Rosen's plan. I just find myself cheating on little things here and there. I will sneak in a few french fries, when my kid is eating them. Or take a few spoons of his yogurt.

My hardest time is usually suppertime. DH is very skinny so I can't cook dietetic for him, and I am always cheating on his food. I just cannot control myself.

I need tips and ideas please to have self control and not cheat!! Thanks.

amother
Orange

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 5:24 pm
Always keep a 'safe food' nearby.
Chew gum.
It gets easier!

tichellady

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 5:25 pm
I wouldn't cook things that are unhealthy if it's too hard for you . I don't see why your super skinny husband can't eat your food- he can just eat more, add nuts, dressing, more olive oil etc

Water Stones

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 5:27 pm
amother wrote:
I am on a diet - Tanya Rosen's plan. I just find myself cheating on little things here and there. I will sneak in a few french fries, when my kid is eating them. Or take a few spoons of his yogurt.

My hardest time is usually suppertime. DH is very skinny so I can't cook dietetic for him, and I am always cheating on his food. I just cannot control myself.

I need tips and ideas please to have self control and not cheat!! Thanks.

Go on a digital weight scale and every time you see you lost even 0.5 lbs tell yourself oh no you're not getting back on my body!!! See it's your ENEMY if you let it get back on you by cheating!

amother
Brown

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 5:30 pm
tichellady wrote:
I wouldn't cook things that are unhealthy if it's too hard for you . I don't see why your super skinny husband can't eat your food- he can just eat more, add nuts, dressing, more olive oil etc

I wish I could cook just one supper per night, but he is also super picky! So that wouldn't really be an option.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 6:09 pm
Coffee, it's an appetite suppressant. Probably bad advice, but it helps me.

Also, eat enough vegetables first, so you're not hungry when you're preparing the food that's not on your diet. Ex. vegetable soups, salad, grilled sliced vegetables.

If you can manage to go a few days or a week without having any flour or white sugar, you may find you stop craving them altogether.

das

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 7:24 pm
It's in your mind. Tell yourself "I don't cheat on my diet. I am powerful. I can do this. I AM doing this."

Brag to dh that you don't cheat. Keep complimenting yourself on your will power.

You are not a cheater. You don't cheat. Period.

Pickle1

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 7:50 pm
read chava goldman's book ' how to succeed on a diet' - its great, helpful,& entertaining. helps me not cheat. packed with tips - especially for during those in between meals when u crave s/t to munch

smss

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 10:20 pm
So, here's my opinion. Some people can do moderation. And some people just can't. And for those who can't, it's not even that it's their fault or that they're weak. There is tons of science showing how addictive sugar and simple carbs are and how processed foods are literally designed to make you eat more and more of them.

We don't tell alcoholics to just drink one glass a day, we tell them to abstain from alcohol. Same for smokers. Same for drug addicts.

Why do we expect food addicts to be able to stop after a handful of chips?

What has worked for me is to totally cut out all simple carbs and sugar or sweeteners of any kind. Is it hard? Well, it's CRAZY hard in the beginning. But it gets so much easier the longer you do it. And in the end, for me it's easier to never eat these things than to try to moderate myself with them. I know this isn't really Tanya's philosophy, she's all about eat what you like, just in the proper amounts, but you gotta figure out what works for YOU.

essie14

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 11:17 pm
I use a diet coach; she requires me to log everything I put in my mouth. Many times I will crave something and I say "I don't want her to see I ate this!" and this helps! I'll chew gum or drink flavored water to get through it.
Being accountable to someone I pay is the only way I personally can lose weight.

amother
Rose

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 12:01 am
Do you think you're addicted to sugar and/or flour? Maybe look into OA or similar 12 step plan. It's the only way for me!

CEF

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 12:25 am
When you eat at the refrigerator, pull up a chair. Book by Geneen Roth
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise