Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Schools in Detroit

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 7:32 pm
I am looking for some information about the yeshivish schools in Detroit. Particularly elementary and high school for boys and girls. How do you feel they treat weaker students and is the support given helpful? How are the general studies?

We are considering the community and any guidance is appreciated.

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 7:43 pm
Detroit has two yeshivish schools. Both schools have boys divisions pn-8 and girls pn-12. Darchei is the smaller school. It is officially the frummer school but both schools have a very similiar parent body. Darchei is smaller and warmer. Bais yehuda is the other school. They have more resources to deal with issues. I am not in the city anymore but in my day darchei had a better hebrew department and yby a better english.

There are two boys highschools. Yeshiva gedolah is your typical rightwing highschool with a poor english department. Mesivta of toledo which is in west bloomfield is a black hat yeshiva but its not as to the right as yeshiva gedolah and has a good english dept.

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 8:35 am
Thanks for the info. In general, are people happy with the schools? Also would appreciate any more information about the mesivta high school.

Thanks!

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 10:00 am
Yes people are happy with the schools. I only have first hand experience with YBY not Darchei. It is a run very professionally. Here is the yeshiva highschools website
http://www.wbmesivta.org/
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating