Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Careline Everlast 711 doesnt show on my lips, way too sheer

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Oct 03 2017, 3:01 pm
I tried Careline Everlast 711 and other colors in the store, on my hand, and 711 and other colors were vivid colors.

On my lips, it barely shows up. It looks like a bit of color.

Why is that?

I put my cheap lipstick on top.

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Oct 03 2017, 3:52 pm
It's the pigment you need to buy a color that shows up on your already colored lips.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Tue, Oct 03 2017, 4:03 pm
Try this professional make-up trick: apply 1 layer, let it dry (if it needs to dry)
take a 2 ply tissue, divide it so that it becomes 1 layer only. bite tissue with your lips (absorbs the fat). apply loose powder on your lips, brush it off lightly. add another coat of colour.

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Oct 03 2017, 5:20 pm
OP here.

I never used Careline before, but I did use many brands of Long Lasting lipstick, like Revlon, Kat Von D (they arent sheer at all but they get flakey) and unlike the other brands, even after 2 coats, the Careline looked very sheer.

So I put my cheap Jordana Matte Lipstick over it because I have a variety of colors I like in this cheap brand, and now its not sheer any more.

Can putting a top layer over it make it last less time?

I wonder if the Careline will get flakey on my lips too.

Do most people use the gloss layer? I know someone who doesnt use it because it doesnt last as long.

asmileaday

Post Tue, Oct 03 2017, 5:35 pm
I personally don't care for careline. I can't imagine though using a long lasting lipstick without some kind of gloss over it.

The revlon colorstay liquid lipstick is what I like.
http://www.revlon.com/products.....74306||0

Even though it needs no gloss because it's more moisturizing than the other longwear ones, I still use some kind of moisturizing stick over it- either a gloss or a colorless lip balm.

Some colors are stronger pigmented than others. The colors are very different in real life. Best would be if you can see them in the store, or Google revlon colorstay liquid lipstick swatches. You can probably see pictures of people swatching it on their hand for a little more accurate color.

asmileaday

Post Tue, Oct 03 2017, 5:36 pm
Also, if lip color gets flaky on your lips try exfoliating your lips before. And drink lots of water to keep your lips from drying out.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics