Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Landlord giving steam

Yudit

Post Mon, Oct 15 2007, 3:13 pm
when is a landlord supposed to give steam the night are quite cold lately.Also I find that my landlady is quite stingy on steam and its always cold by me for instance she goes to work from 12 till 5 and I think she lowers the steam because it is always cold and also she goes away for shabbos and friday nights are always cold would you call 311 if there is not enough steam

TammyTammy

Post Mon, Oct 15 2007, 3:17 pm
Quote:
Heat must be supplied from October 1 through May 31, to tenants in multiple dwellings if: a) the outdoor temperature falls below 55 degrees Fahrenheit, between 6 A.M. and 10 P.M., each apartment must be heated to a temperature of at least 68 degrees Fahrenheit; (b) the outdoor temperature falls below 40 degrees Fahrenheit, between the hours of 10 P.M. and 6 A.M., each apartment must be heated to a temperature of at least 55 degrees Fahrenheit. (Multiple Dwelling Law § 79)

From here: http://www.oag.state.ny.us/rea......html

Tammy

MyKidsRQte

Post Mon, Oct 15 2007, 3:18 pm
According to NYS Section 8:

The City's heat standards requires landlords to maintain apartments at 68 degrees from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. when the temperature outside is less than 55 degrees, from October 1st through May 31st. If the heat in your apartment does not meet this standard, the maintenance staff will check your apartment and correct the situation.

red sea

Post Mon, Oct 15 2007, 3:29 pm
TammyTammy wrote:
Quote:
Heat must be supplied from October 1 through May 31, to tenants in multiple dwellings if: a) the outdoor temperature falls below 55 degrees Fahrenheit, between 6 A.M. and 10 P.M., each apartment must be heated to a temperature of at least 68 degrees Fahrenheit; (b) the outdoor temperature falls below 40 degrees Fahrenheit, between the hours of 10 P.M. and 6 A.M., each apartment must be heated to a temperature of at least 55 degrees Fahrenheit. (Multiple Dwelling Law § 79)

Tammy

I dont think its fallen beloww 55 yet. I think that Most landlords run the heat from oct 15 thru april 15.

TammyTammy

Post Mon, Oct 15 2007, 3:32 pm
red sea wrote:
TammyTammy wrote:
Quote:

Tammy

I dont think its fallen beloww 55 yet. I think that Most landlords run the heat from oct 15 thru april 15.

According to Weather.com, the lows in New York for Oct 12-14 have been 49, 46 and 51 degrees respectively. I can't guarantee that the lows happened at night, but it is most likely that they did.

Tammy

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Oct 15 2007, 3:32 pm
Right.

Has to be at least Oct 15th, AND under a certain temperature.

TammyTammy

Post Mon, Oct 15 2007, 3:33 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
Right.

Has to be at least Oct 15th, AND under a certain temperature.

Not according to the state website I linked to above - they have the starting date as Oct 1.

Tammy

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Tue, Oct 16 2007, 4:33 am
Get yourself a few heaters from walmart..
I just bought one for 30-40 bucks, it turns around, it heats well and has a timer and remote, and it's easy to carry it from room to room although I only need it in my kitchen.

greenfire

Post Tue, Oct 16 2007, 9:28 am
I believe it's the 1st of October ... but don't tell my kids that ... I turn around and they have it at 75 when it's 60 outside ... on a rainy cold day ... maybe ... but throw on the sweatshirt first ... I need fresh air in my nostrils ... the heat makes me feel like I'm in a desert ...

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Oct 16 2007, 10:57 am
Purple Rox! wrote:
Get yourself a few heaters from walmart..
I just bought one for 30-40 bucks, it turns around, it heats well and has a timer and remote, and it's easy to carry it from room to room although I only need it in my kitchen.

They take a lot of energy to use. When I use mine at work, I have to turn off my printer and copier.

It also cost $$$ to run them.

momluv

Post Sun, Oct 28 2007, 12:48 pm
having the same problem. you're not alone. in my case it's the mr. landlord. he is quite stingy.

cindy324

Post Sun, Oct 28 2007, 11:11 pm
we just put on the steam to tonight for the first time. My Landlord does not live here, it's just us and another tenant, so we agreed it's time. Going down into the 30's tonight. BRRR...I HATE WINTER!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics