Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Tuition help nechomas Israel etc

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Nov 02 2017, 3:18 pm
Is there any organization out there besides Nechomas Yisrael that helps with tuition? Nechomas Y helps but what the schools want from me is still too high. I tried Oorah but they will only help if the child is in public school. Well what about a child who is in yeshiva and about to go to public school bc of the situation!!!! Why wouldn't they consider that???

TIA

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Nov 02 2017, 3:31 pm
I wish I had a way to help you. It's a big problem.

Last year I had 5 of my kids homeschooling with me (a disaster, because I am not organized enough to do it right) for half of the school year until an askan took pity on us and arranged something with the school. Still have some repercussions (mostly behavioral) from that.

This year B"H the school was able to arrange a barter system that I could work with.

All I can say is to daven. Tell Hashem that you had these children because of His mitzvah, and you want to educate them because of His mitzvah. You are doing your best and you need help to do it right.

Shoshana37

Post Thu, Nov 02 2017, 3:36 pm
Unfortunately most of us in this situation I had exactly same issue with Nechama israel. My friend actually put her kids in public school for one year and then nehamas israel and other programs covered their full tuition but I would never put my kids through this. But I agree system sucks.

L K

Post Thu, Nov 02 2017, 4:47 pm
Shoshana37 wrote:
Unfortunately most of us in this situation I had exactly same issue with Nechama israel. My friend actually put her kids in public school for one year and then nehamas israel and other programs covered their full tuition but I would never put my kids through this. But I agree system sucks.

Do you know which other orgs helped, aside from Nechomas Yisroel? A friend of mine is applying to Jewish school for her kids but they have no way of covering tuition, and we're trying to get organizations to help them.

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Nov 02 2017, 5:42 pm
I'm wondering - I am currently in the tristate area - I have a couple of kids in school and still have a few kids home with me & I'm anticipating tuition to be a great burden once all my kid are in school. I'm thinking about possibility of relocating to Milwaukee - if it would make sense for our family. I know there are many factors for families to consider, but would anyone consider moving to Milwaukee where can get tuition vouchers from government for yeshiva elementary school?

https://www.yesmilwaukee.org/
https://dpi.wi.gov/sms/choice-.....tions

Housing costs in area of the yeshiva/Rabbi Twerski's shul appear to be pretty low from my searches.

I believe what is preferable about vouchers there in Milwaukee as opposed to other locations is I don't think the school is allowed to charge more than what they get from the voucher - is that true? If anyone has more info about yeshiva in Milwaukee, vouchers, and tuitions there for the High School (WITS), I'd appreciate it.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Fri, Nov 03 2017, 3:31 pm
OP here, I cannot relocate to Milwakee or anywhere. Thank you for the replies, I don't know what to do though..........
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics