Home

What do you dream about?
1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Motherhood









  


Post  Tue, Dec 05 2017, 10:51 am
Just curious to see how crazy I am. Do any of you dream about DH? How often does that occur? I can dream about DH 5 times a year. (only the good in him b"h) Was just wondering if its because I grew up pretty sheltered (although I am married already 5+ yrs and am not sheltered anymore,) or it is a common thing to dream about dh?

Last edited by Motherhood on Tue, Dec 05 2017, 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top

allthingsblue









  


Post  Tue, Dec 05 2017, 11:02 am
Yes I dream about dh sometimes.

Why would that be crazy? We dream about what we think about during the day. I think about my dh... so it makes sense I'll dream about him.
Back to top

amother




Jade


Post  Tue, Dec 05 2017, 11:07 am
I have no idea. I used to have the most vivid and elaborate dreams. I used to wake up remembering details of 2-3 dreams from the night. For over a decade now I almost never remember anything at all.
Back to top

crust









  


Post  Tue, Dec 05 2017, 11:15 am
It's very normal do dream about the person you are living with.
While I dont take the story in a dream at face value- I do take the felings in a dream seriously. It can be your subconscious telling you something.

Did you feel like you want to connect more? Run from him c"v? Like you want to love him more?
It is intresting to figure that out.

As a mother to intuitive and curious children, I have dealt with many early morning dream decipherings.
By now I consider myself a proffesional Poser Chalomos. I charge by the dream. Laughing Laughing

I always tell my kids (and myself lol);
What matters about a dream is the feeling you had.
Were you running from someone?
Did you feel embarrassed? Unwanted? Used? Angry? Confused? Loved?
Back to top

Motherhood









  


Post  Tue, Dec 05 2017, 11:27 am
crust wrote:
It's very normal do dream about the person you are living with.
While I dont take the story in a dream at face value- I do take the felings in a dream seriously. It can be your subconscious telling you something.

Did you feel like you want to connect more? Run from him c"v? Like you want to love him more?
It is intresting to figure that out.

As a mother to intuitive and curious children, I have dealt with many early morning dream decipherings.
By now I consider myself a proffesional Poser Chalomos. I charge by the dream. Laughing Laughing

I always tell my kids (and myself lol);
What matters about a dream is the [b]feeling you had.
[/b]Were you running from someone?
Did you feel embarrassed? Unwanted? Used? Angry? Confused? Loved?
[b]

B"h its only good/wanted feelings in my dreams. I'm happy its just that Wink
Back to top

crust









  


Post  Tue, Dec 05 2017, 11:34 am
Motherhood wrote:

B"h its only good/wanted feelings in my dreams. I'm happy its just that Wink


Good for you! I assumed so...
(Perhaps subconsciously you want to ask him for another hug and cuddle Smile )
Back to top

Motherhood









  


Post  Tue, Dec 05 2017, 11:39 am
[quote="crust"]Good for you! I assumed so...

You did say you are a pretty good poser chalomos by now! Razz Razz
Back to top

amother




Burlywood


Post  Tue, Dec 05 2017, 11:45 am
Last night I dreamed about my husband. I dreamed that he was being a controlling jerk to me and the kids. then I woke up sweating. Yes he is always a controlling jerk, but that dream was even worse than his usual behaviours Sad
Back to top

simba









  


Post  Tue, Dec 05 2017, 12:09 pm
My dreams are all over the show! A lot about my childhood friends and home. Often about going to Israel! More rarely about my dh but definitely happens.. worst is when I dream about my teeth falling out, anyone else have that? Crust, what does that mean??
Back to top

amother




Seagreen


Post  Tue, Dec 05 2017, 12:22 pm
amother wrote:
Last night I dreamed about my husband. I dreamed that he was being a controlling jerk to me and the kids. then I woke up sweating. Yes he is always a controlling jerk, but that dream was even worse than his usual behaviours Sad

Hmm...what could your body be telling you?
Back to top

amother




Gray


Post  Tue, Dec 05 2017, 2:24 pm
Last night I had a dream where I was buying a gun and was looking for a way to conceal carry and they had a whole selection of shoes and slippers with special place for a handgun.

What is this supposed to mean?
Back to top

bigsis144









  


Post  Tue, Dec 05 2017, 2:31 pm
I assume you mean sleep-dream and not day-dream?

Do you mean DH simply appears as a character in the dream (like, I imagined our family went on a road trip and DH is driving the car), or it’s specifically about him or your relationship?

Also, do you mean “dream” in a romantic/s-xual way, like a vivid fantasy?
Back to top

mandksima









  


Post  Tue, Dec 05 2017, 2:32 pm
simba wrote:
My dreams are all over the show! A lot about my childhood friends and home. Often about going to Israel! More rarely about my dh but definitely happens.. worst is when I dream about my teeth falling out, anyone else have that? Crust, what does that mean??


Teeth falling out is not a good sign but you can go to someone to get the dream interpreted for the good. It also matters if the teeth were rotten or healthy in your mouth when they fell out. I had a dream about that a while ago and I have a good interpreter!
Back to top

mandksima









  


Post  Tue, Dec 05 2017, 2:43 pm
I am actually VERY, VERY into my dreams and my children's dreams. So, I got in touch with two different interpreters who know a lot of Torah with which to interpret. They also know how to find a way to interpret it for the best because that is the most important part. A bad interpretation can come to be just like a good one. Never go to someone who is not well versed in Torah and it just looking to get paid. There is a lot to be said about dreams in Kabbalistic writings and they do have a portion of prophesy as well as some nonsense. There are ways to tell which your dreams are and I have learned a ton watching the many series about dreams from each of these rabbis who give lots of sources.

These are some of the amazing shiurim on dreams that I have watched over the years:
Rabbi Zamir Cohen
Rabbi Eliyahu Kin
Rabbi Alon Anava
Rabbi Pinchas Taylor
Rabbi Yehoshua Zitron

It is actually a thing to be concerned about when someone doesn't dream or remember that they have for a long time. They are very connected to our spiritual parts and when they are neglected you could stop dreaming. If I didn't dream for a week, I'd be very concerned as it is unusual for me. I know people who never remember their dreams but I don't think it is good. Our ruach goes up in the night and flies around. You usually dream what the ruach sees mixed in with your thoughts.

For years I dreamed different scenarios of someone chasing me and I got away just in time. BH, I don't dream that anymore. I also always dream I'm in the bathroom and somehow it becomes public. It's such a recurring theme in my dreams.

I had a really bad detailed dream about someone I hardly know and I asked the rav who said if it bothered me a lot I could go to shul and do a dream nullification during shul. Since I have had a dream that came true before, as did my mother and my daughter, I take them seriously although it is easy to tell the nonsense part usually.

We are now in the time period where Hashem has promised to bring back prophetic dreams and it is happening. I have read it from others, mostly children living in EY, and my own child has had them. If someones wants details (they are Moshiach era dreams), they can PM me.
Back to top

crust









  


Post  Tue, Dec 05 2017, 3:19 pm
Motherhood wrote:

You did say you are a pretty good poser chalomos by now! Razz Razz


I told you I charge per dream though. Wink
Back to top

crust









  


Post  Tue, Dec 05 2017, 3:21 pm
simba wrote:
My dreams are all over the show! A lot about my childhood friends and home. Often about going to Israel! More rarely about my dh but definitely happens.. worst is when I dream about my teeth falling out, anyone else have that? Crust, what does that mean??


Again- beware I charge per dream.

Loose teeth is sometimes an indicator of feeling powerless some place in your life where you'd rather have more control.

Remember- I am only poser feelings. Absolutely no mis/fortune-tellings.
Back to top

amother




Plum


Post  Tue, Dec 05 2017, 3:28 pm
mandksima wrote:
I am actually VERY, VERY into my dreams and my children's dreams. So, I got in touch with two different interpreters who know a lot of Torah with which to interpret. They also know how to find a way to interpret it for the best because that is the most important part. A bad interpretation can come to be just like a good one. Never go to someone who is not well versed in Torah and it just looking to get paid. There is a lot to be said about dreams in Kabbalistic writings and they do have a portion of prophesy as well as some nonsense. There are ways to tell which your dreams are and I have learned a ton watching the many series about dreams from each of these rabbis who give lots of sources.

These are some of the amazing shiurim on dreams that I have watched over the years:
Rabbi Zamir Cohen
Rabbi Eliyahu Kin
Rabbi Alon Anava
Rabbi Pinchas Taylor
Rabbi Yehoshua Zitron

It is actually a thing to be concerned about when someone doesn't dream or remember that they have for a long time. They are very connected to our spiritual parts and when they are neglected you could stop dreaming. If I didn't dream for a week, I'd be very concerned as it is unusual for me. I know people who never remember their dreams but I don't think it is good. Our ruach goes up in the night and flies around. You usually dream what the ruach sees mixed in with your thoughts.

For years I dreamed different scenarios of someone chasing me and I got away just in time. BH, I don't dream that anymore. I also always dream I'm in the bathroom and somehow it becomes public. It's such a recurring theme in my dreams.


I had a really bad detailed dream about someone I hardly know and I asked the rav who said if it bothered me a lot I could go to shul and do a dream nullification during shul. Since I have had a dream that came true before, as did my mother and my daughter, I take them seriously although it is easy to tell the nonsense part usually.

We are now in the time period where Hashem has promised to bring back prophetic dreams and it is happening. I have read it from others, mostly children living in EY, and my own child has had them. If someones wants details (they are Moshiach era dreams), they can PM me.


I recently learned that the bolded are anxiety dreams.
I've had similar dreams like that.
Showing up at school in my night shirt.
Waking up at the curb w a crazy hangover (I never drank more than a glass or two. And I don't ever get drunk just tired. And like you, the door to the bathroom opening while I'm sitting on the toilet. Or that im surfing amd am drowning. Then I'd wake up in a cold sweat....they are all anxiety dreams. Like crust says, the dreams where shtus. But the 'feeling' I was having at the time was real.
For example, as a teen, when I had a very burdening secret that I was afraid will come out into the public, I had dreamt of me showing up in school with my night shirt.
Or stuff like that. The 'feeling' of being exposed acted itself out in my dream of getting to school in my nighties.
I have had more than once that a few days after my dreams, ppl acted and did the exact same thing they did in my dreams. It was always somthing that wasnt something that typically happened.

Recently, my bil dreamt that he was in the supermarket and he saw a guy walking up and down the isle very upset, he asked the man if he can help him with something, the man answered that he's marrying off a child and drowning in debt. Bil told the guy to come to his office and he'll see what he can do for him.

THAT morning, he went to the supermarket, same guy as in his dream, he asked him the question he had asked him in his dream, amd the guy said the same thing.....

This story repeated itself 3 times throughout the years. Just recently was the 3rd time. Same guy, different places where he met him always the dream a day or so before it happened irl.
There must be someone in heaven looking out for that man.
My no-nonsense bil is totally freaked out.

Anon because ppl know about this story and I want to stay anon.
Back to top

simba









  


Post  Tue, Dec 05 2017, 3:43 pm
crust wrote:
Again- beware I charge per dream.

Loose teeth is sometimes an indicator of feeling powerless some place in your life where you'd rather have more control.

Remember- I am only poser feelings. Absolutely no mis/fortune-tellings.


That's interesting, I do feel powerless often. Especially around times of tragedy when I can't fathom that Hashem can do whatever he wants and we are left with the pain. I guess I'll pay attention to when it happens.
Back to top

amother




Salmon


Post  Tue, Dec 05 2017, 3:55 pm
Anyone ever get frustration dreams? Like, sometimes I'll dream that I really have to pee, and I'll either have a hard time finding a bathroom or I'm in the bathroom but getting no relief. I usually wake up abruptly from those with a very full bladder.

I also have something similar with zex. Usually at some point during the shiva nekiim, I'll dream that me and dh are trying to do it, but people keep walking in and interrupting or something like that. Definitely don't have those dreams when I'm not niddah Laughing
Back to top

Motherhood









  


Post  Tue, Dec 05 2017, 3:55 pm
bigsis144 wrote:
I assume you mean sleep-dream and not day-dream?

Do you mean DH simply appears as a character in the dream (like, I imagined our family went on a road trip and DH is driving the car), or it’s specifically about him or your relationship?

Also, do you mean “dream” in a romantic/s-xual way, like a vivid fantasy?

Yes. Exactly
Back to top
1, 2  Next Recent Topics

Page 1 of 2 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions

Similar Topics Replies Last Post
NY Area - to dream the impossible dream
by amother
51 Thu, Aug 21 2014, 8:27 pm View last post
dream house or dream neighborhood/community?
by yo'ma
17 Tue, Feb 28 2012, 12:43 am View last post
Dream Cheesecake 12 Wed, Jun 04 2008, 11:13 am View last post
dream interpretation? 11 Sun, Jun 21 2009, 4:09 pm View last post
dream playhouse
by yo'ma
14 Sat, Dec 20 2008, 6:11 pm View last post

Jump to:  





Report offensive ad