Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How can I get sweat smell out of clothes? Help me please!

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Dec 05 2017, 11:35 pm
I have some shells and sweaters that no matter how many times I wash them they still have a sweaty smell and don't smell freshly laundered. Is there a way to get rid of the sweat smell in clothing? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Tia:)

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Dec 05 2017, 11:37 pm
have you tried adding vinegar to your wash?

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Dec 05 2017, 11:38 pm
amother wrote:
I have some shells and sweaters that no matter how many times I wash them they still have a sweaty smell and don't smell freshly laundered. Is there a way to get rid of the sweat smell in clothing? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Tia:)

I find that after a number of years wearing a shell when I start to notice a smell that doesn't come out in the wash even with vinegar (well, it does smell clean until I perspirate while I'm wearing it and then it smells even though my sweat usually doesn't smell) then I know it's time to chuck it before I end up in an embarrassing situation.

Miri7

Post Wed, Dec 06 2017, 1:34 am
My sister has a product that’s for washing sweaty gym clothes that she uses for close fitting tops to keep the sweat smell out. I’ll try to remember to ask her what it is.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Wed, Dec 06 2017, 5:58 am
Soak garment in undiluted vinegar. Then wash.

salt

Post Wed, Dec 06 2017, 6:05 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Soak garment in undiluted vinegar. Then wash.

Or just pour some vinegar on the smelly armpit areas. Soaking in vinegar sounds like it would use up a lot of vinegar.

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Dec 06 2017, 8:55 am
Thank you everyone! I'm going to try using vinegar. And miri7 if u can find out for me that would be great! Thanks:)

Danatoba

Post Wed, Dec 06 2017, 9:20 am
I use Tide with some sort of frangrance. Works amazing! My clothes smell like meadows or flowers. I love it!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry