Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
New Cleaning Lady - Would this weird you out?
1  2  Next

debsey

Post Wed, Dec 20 2017, 2:15 pm
So I posted on Care.com that I'm looking for a housekeeper for one day a week (I have a housekeeper, but one day she has to leave early, and there's more work than just she can handle)

Someone responded to the posting, I explained the job, everything sounded OK.

We set up a time for her to come and try out the job.

Then she texted "I also give great massages, if that's something you are interested in."

Would that weird you out? I don't know why, but it's giving me a vibe that she's not really someone I want in my house, that she's maybe a bit socially off.

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Dec 20 2017, 2:17 pm
It sounds very socially off to me! But it really made me lol 😂

LittleMissMama

Post Wed, Dec 20 2017, 2:21 pm
Yes it would weird me out. Thats very very...weird.

debsey

Post Wed, Dec 20 2017, 2:25 pm
You can tell how desperate I am from the following question

So.....don't hire her? Cancel the interview?

Chayalle

Post Wed, Dec 20 2017, 2:33 pm
She sounds like she just wants to make $$$ wherever she can.

But if it gives you bad vibes I would say skip....I had a a cleaning lady - best cleaner I ever had, actually - that went on and on about coming here with the Ukranian mafia. This got me nervous, so I gave her a bonus one week and made up an excuse to let her go. I have never regretted it.

Incidentally, my cleaning lady has availability on Tuesdays. If that's the day you want someone, I could pm you her info.

dancingqueen

Post Wed, Dec 20 2017, 2:41 pm
debsey wrote:
So I posted on Care.com that I'm looking for a housekeeper for one day a week (I have a housekeeper, but one day she has to leave early, and there's more work than just she can handle)

Someone responded to the posting, I explained the job, everything sounded OK.

We set up a time for her to come and try out the job.

Then she texted "I also give great massages, if that's something you are interested in."

Would that weird you out? I don't know why, but it's giving me a vibe that she's not really someone I want in my house, that she's maybe a bit socially off.

Very weird. Care.com has some good people, some weirdos.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Dec 20 2017, 2:54 pm
It would weird me out too.
The only way this would be ok with me is if I was already comfortable with the employee for some time, we were chatting and she happened to mention she's a masseuse, and *I* asked her if she'd be available for giving a massage.

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Dec 20 2017, 2:57 pm
I really think she just needs money.

happy97

Post Wed, Dec 20 2017, 3:32 pm
I once had a cleaner who also gave massages... could be she knows how to give massages and wants to make more money

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Dec 20 2017, 3:43 pm
How do you know that she is a she and not a "he"???

DrMom

Post Wed, Dec 20 2017, 3:55 pm
Sounds like she is just looking for other income streams. I would not accept the offer, but it would not weird me out.

I must say that if she made that offer to my husband, I would consider it inappropriate, even though she might not mean anything untoward by it.

Last edited by DrMom on Wed, Dec 20 2017, 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

lavenderchimes

Post Wed, Dec 20 2017, 4:05 pm
It sounds like she is just piecing together different jobs. I wouldn't think anything of it, and would respond, "Okay, I'll let you know if I am looking for a massage." Meet the lady, and see what you think of her. I see no reason to cancel. In tge unlikely event that a man shows up, don't let him in. Say, "I'm sorry, I am looking for a woman."

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Dec 20 2017, 4:23 pm
Debsey, don't be so close-minded.. Maybe she gives good massages. If you don't want her send her my way. Someone made a mistake and gave me a 95 year old hip.

I had bariatric surgery in the summer and lost 70 lbs so far and I'm still in pain Sad

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Dec 20 2017, 4:33 pm
I'd ask her where she studied, and make sure she actually graduated from that school.

My fibro is flaring up, and I'd kill for a good massage. A clean house would just be a bonus.

UnFarvosNischt

Post Wed, Dec 20 2017, 4:51 pm
Could it be that she thinks you're a man and she's hinting you about her other "job"? Sounds weird anyway but not enough to cancel the interview.

Post Wed, Dec 20 2017, 5:16 pm
happy97 wrote:
I once had a cleaner who also gave massages... could be she knows how to give massages and wants to make more money

This could be your old cleaner.

octopus

Post Wed, Dec 20 2017, 5:18 pm
yes, it would weird me out.

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Dec 20 2017, 5:56 pm
I once posted in a local paper, and got a young woman who was a student in a local massage school. I did take advantage to have a chair massage and it was great!

So I wouldn't worry, meet her and see how the vibes are.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Dec 21 2017, 8:11 am
EWWW. Next.

imasoftov

Post Thu, Dec 21 2017, 10:33 am
UnFarvosNischt wrote:
Could it be that she thinks you're a man and she's hinting you about her other "job"? Sounds weird anyway but not enough to cancel the interview.

Are massage parlors such a big problem for those living over the Hellmouth that any mention of massage sounds like prostitution?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry