Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
B'H for the mess!
1  2  Next

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 7:05 pm
Thank you H' for a healthy toddler that spilled the cocoa all over the kitchen and ripped open the tea bags from the new box (because he already took care of spilling tea from 2 boxes this week) while momma fed the baby

Thank you H' for an active energetic boy who got the tuna (my lunch) and lettuce out of the fridge and fed it to the kitchen floor while mommy turned around for a minute.

Thank you H' for all spilled toys and unpacked drawers/closets and mountains of opened gauze pads, unrolled surgical tape-rolls & above all the expensive medical device/supply that toddler got a hold of, opened & is now not sterile (the one I've been trying to get 2 per month but only get one...).

Thank you H' for blessing us with such a yummy toddler that keeps me on my toes and entertains us with his sweet voice and actions.

and now my dear Father, please help me get this place in order, because it looks post tornado (I know today was a blizzard, but this is waaaay worse) Shabbos is coming tomorrow & I need a lot of koach to gather my act and get this all cleaned up!
Please help me and give me enough hours in the night to get this little humble abode ready and nice L'koved Shabos!

Love you Tattenyu

Last edited by amother on Sun, Jun 10 2018, 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total

Jewishfoodie

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 7:13 pm
Thank you Hashem, for posters like 2GN, who remind us all to thank you for every one of the billion things You do for us each day.

And thank you Hashem for listening to her precious prayers and answering them speedily!

We will never stop loving you, Tatteh in Himel

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 7:16 pm
Jewishfoodie wrote:
Thank you Hashem, for posters like 2GN, who remind us all to thank you for every one of the billion things You do for us each day.

And thank you Hashem for listening to her precious prayers and answering them speedily!

We will never stop loving you, Tatteh in Himel

Thank you Hashem for posters like Jewishfoodie who bring chizuk and good cheer to ima's all over the world!

We love you JF!

Jewishfoodie

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 7:33 pm
2GN wrote:
Thank you Hashem for posters like Jewishfoodie who bring chizuk and good cheer to ima's all over the world!

We love you JF!

We love you, too. And I love the idea of a Thank You Hashem thread!

Snow White

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 7:35 pm
Thank you for this post, just what I needed to read after a day like today

hello321

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 7:37 pm
Thank you Hashem for children saying “Can you lay with me?” while I am preparing for Shabbos because it makes me stop and appreciate my little ones amidst my preparations.
Thank you Hashem for snow days that allow us to spend cozy time as a family.
Thank you Hashem for messy walls and for paint that won’t come off my dining room table because it leaves the memories that I never want to end. Who needs fancy furniture anyways?!
Thank you Hashem for giving me many wonderful people to do laundry for.
Thank you Hashem for giving my koach every day to wake up to take care of everything

Snow White

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 7:45 pm
Thank you Hashem for an active toddler that like to play with Tupperware and place them all over the kitchen.

Thank you Hashem for my toddler who emulates her mommy and tries to prepare dishes, even if it means pushing mommy away from the counter so she can pull more Tupperware out and make a bigger mess

Thank you Hashem for the cutest toddler that wants mommy to hold her while mommy is trying to cook dinner.

Thank you Hashem for all the messes I have to clean up 3times a day because it means that I have a loving family living in this house.

Thank you Hashem for a snow day off so I can play with this active toddler in the snow

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 7:50 pm
Thank you all for sharing!

a couple of weeks ago, while a PT was in the house working with my baby, my toddler spilled a bag frozen fries all over the dining room.
I wanted to excuse myself and say something but instead I said "gotta be thankful for this, right?" and PT (who works with severely handicapped children) said "absolutely"! and so we try to keep this in perspective all the time...

Last edited by amother on Sun, Jun 10 2018, 10:09 am; edited 2 times in total

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 7:57 pm
Love your attitude, 2GN!

flowerpower

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 8:08 pm
I love that attitude!

When my baby gets into everything and she keeps exploring in Her own own very messy ways, I keep saying "Baruch Hashem she is developing on the right track".

Jewishfoodie

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 8:11 pm
(this is my calm font)
Thank you, my beloved father in heaven, for weather that keeps us warm and for weather that burst a valve behind my machine and flooded down to the floor below.
Thank you my beloved Father, that 2GN started this thread before I noticed it, so I was in a much calmer frame of mind.
Thank you Hashem that my repair guy can come tonight in this weather (if I pay double.)
Thank you Hashem for water.
(I didn't realize how much we needed it til we shut it)
Thank you Hashem for nice neighbors who have offered the use of their bathrooms.
Thank you Hashem for not making this happen on Shabbos
Thank you for letting us have enough to pay the repair guy's bill
Please please remove the mold smell from my laundry room! It's making me sneeze!
Thanks in advance,
Your daughter who loves you
OH! Thank you for the 43 towels we just used to clean up the water, and thank you that they don't actually have to break my walls.
And thank you that it wasn't a pipe that burst, as we first suspected.

Thank you, 2GN, you made a difference in my life today. Now I gotta do damage control, with Hashem's help of course..

Good night and good shabbos to all you lovely people.

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 8:25 pm
omHkb'h JF!
Can I wash your 43 towels in my washing machine? its sitting empty now anyway (that's because my hampers full Wink).
It would be my pleasure. just attach it in the next post (I hope cyberspace can handle wet towels).
Gooooooooooooooooooood Luck!

p.s. isn't it amazing how these things always happen like erev shabos or crazy weather? I mean Hashem can make it happen anytime. but its like hashgacha pratis that it specifically happens in a crazy time...

Teomima

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 9:14 pm
Thank you, Hashem, for my very considerate toddler who didn't want her Ima to worry about her at night, wondering if she was still breathing. Thank you for the reminder of my daughter's lively and healthy lungs, making sure I didn't go more than half an hour all night without seeing my baby girl.

Jewishfoodie

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 9:55 pm
Thank you Hashem that the repair guy showed!

Jewishfoodie

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 10:05 pm
2GN wrote:
omHkb'h JF!
Can I wash your 43 towels in my washing machine? its sitting empty now anyway (that's because my hampers full Wink).
It would be my pleasure. just attach it in the next post (I hope cyberspace can handle wet towels).

p.s. isn't it amazing how these things always happen like erev shabos or crazy weather? I mean Hashem can make it happen anytime. but its like hashgacha pratis that it specifically happens in a crazy time...

Thanks for your generous offer! It's always the busiest people who have time to help others. I think it's because they're more organized.
So far, valve is being fixed. With Hashem's help, it will soon be done and I will start my laundry then.
By the way, the guy actually said, "don't tell anyone I did this job at night. I'm only doing it because you're a good customer. And it took me really long to drive on slippery roads(He's not a Jew) I wanted to say, " No, your only doing it because you're charging me what you charge the Queen of England.. And you're fishing for a big tip too! " but I'm not gonna antagonize him or make a chillul Hashem..

amother
Seashell

Post Fri, Jan 05 2018, 12:12 am
Jewishfoodie wrote:
because you're a good customer.

Rolling Laughter
You know what that means to me?
anyway, send him my way now. my milchiga sink just doesn't want to turn off! b'H the dishes are all washed on that side already.
I have a lot more b'H's to share & I must say I had tremendous siyata dishmaya when cleaning tonight. I still have to clean the dining room so no time to share all (and bore you all). But THANK YOU H'! you know exactly what I'm referring to!

Last edited by amother on Sun, Jun 10 2018, 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total

alis_al_kulana

Post Fri, Jan 05 2018, 7:15 am
Bh my toddler spilled mini Legos all over the basement floor and when I was cleaning it up I found a dead mouse.

cozyblanket

Post Fri, Jan 05 2018, 8:20 am
2GN wrote:
omHkb'h JF!

Reminds me of when my father offered to babysit. He said " just hook the pump to the he computer and email me the milk."

miami85

Post Fri, Jan 05 2018, 8:54 am
I forget who I heard this story from, but I think its a well known person. He once had a visitor at his house and saw his toddler ripping open every single one of a box of bandaids. The guest was puzzled at how the father was so calm while the toddler was seemingly destroying perfectly good band aids. The father replied, the box of band aids costs a mere $1-2, Right now I have things to do, its cheaper than a babysitter. Toddlers teach us to put our valuables away, and also the meaning of a dollar.

Jewishfoodie

Post Fri, Jan 05 2018, 9:02 am
Hey, OP, thanks for everything last night. Perspective is EVERYTHING.

So, Thank you, Hashem for Shabbos
And Thank you Hashem for clean towels and soaking walls and floors.
And Thank you for the moldy smell; It reminds me of all the years I forgot to thank You for no smell at all.
Thank you for considering to get rid of that smell because I don't want to have to break those walls or pull up the floor to remove it:(
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics