Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Vaccines confused. Did I mess up badly?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 6:28 pm
I’m not anti vax. I just was overwhelmed with the end of the summer/beginning of the year/chagrin etc. and kept pushing off the appointment. Now my baby is almost four months old and hasn’t been vaccinated. Really wasn’t worried bec I never go anywhere an baby has basically been home. Felt comfortable that it was taking. Some extra time to get to it. Now with yt baby is exposed to many more people and starting to get nervous. Heard a bunch of my nieces with an innocent cough today and made me worried that baby isn’t vaccinated against whooping cough. Catch is I having insurance issues and now need to wait another month before I’ll have insurance again. (Cv In emergency there’s a plan but I don’t have anything right now) I’m just a nervous mess and don’t know what to think or do. Do I not take baby to shul on simchas Torah? Also I am exclusively nursing and had the dtap when I was pregnant.

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 6:31 pm
Can you get an appt this week?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 6:32 pm
amother Emerald wrote:
Can you get an appt this week?

As I wrote I don’t have insurance right now

amother
Moccasin

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 6:32 pm
Enjoy Yom too regularly and go to the doctor as soon as Yom you is over it your really worried.

amother
Oatmeal

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 6:33 pm
depends where you live, in some areas there are free or low cost vaccine clinics.

amother
OP

To clarify I don’t have insurance this month. It will take unail November for me to have insurance again.

amother
Emerald

amother OP wrote:
As I wrote I don’t have insurance right now

I’m sorry I missed that

imamommy5

That cough seems to be going around.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 6:34 pm
amother Oatmeal wrote:
depends where you live, in some areas there are free or low cost vaccine clinics.

Really don’t feel comf doing that. I would only want to go to my dr. I guess I want reassurance that it’s ok and I can wait another month.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 6:34 pm
imamommy5 wrote:
That cough seems to be going around.

What cough?

smss

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 6:35 pm
amother OP wrote:
To clarify I don’t have insurance this month. It will take unail November for me to have insurance again.

Don't wait until November. Google your city/state + where to get free vaccines.

I wouldn't bring an unvaxxed baby to shul.

ahappygirl12

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 6:35 pm
Yes its ok. In my family we don't vaccinate til the kids are 2 years old. Never had any issues.

smss

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 6:36 pm
amother OP wrote:
Really don’t feel comf doing that. I would only want to go to my dr. I guess I want reassurance that it’s ok and I can wait another month.

Why are you uncomfortable doing that?

No one can promise you that your baby won't be exposed to a vaccine-preventable illness in the next month.

Mocha

Honestly, I’m an absolute pro vaxer in every way, but somehow don’t end up giving vaccines before 7-8 months. Wouldn’t be too worried

amother
Pink

You'd know if it was whopping cough.

amother
Lightcoral

amother OP wrote:
I’m not anti vax. I just was overwhelmed with the end of the summer/beginning of the year/chagrin etc. and kept pushing off the appointment. Now my baby is almost four months old and hasn’t been vaccinated. Really wasn’t worried bec I never go anywhere an baby has basically been home. Felt comfortable that it was taking. Some extra time to get to it. Now with yt baby is exposed to many more people and starting to get nervous. Heard a bunch of my nieces with an innocent cough today and made me worried that baby isn’t vaccinated against whooping cough. Catch is I having insurance issues and now need to wait another month before I’ll have insurance again. (Cv In emergency there’s a plan but I don’t have anything right now) I’m just a nervous mess and don’t know what to think or do. Do I not take baby to shul on simchas Torah? Also I am exclusively nursing and had the dtap when I was pregnant.

I wouldn’t worry. Four months isn’t that old and lots of parents don’t vaccinate this early.

smss

ahappygirl12 wrote:
Yes its ok. In my family we don't vaccinate til the kids are 2 years old. Never had any issues.

This reminds me of how my mother says "we didn't ride in car seats when we were babies and we were all fine!"

amother
Lightcoral

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 6:37 pm
smss wrote:
Don't wait until November. Google your city/state + where to get free vaccines.

I wouldn't bring an unvaxxed baby to shul.

A freshly vaccinated child shouldn’t be around immune compromised for two weeks. Can’t bring to shul either.

smss

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 6:38 pm
amother Lightcoral wrote:
A freshly vaccinated child shouldn’t be around immune compromised for two weeks. Can’t bring to shul either.

Sorry what??

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 6:39 pm
amother Lightcoral wrote:
I wouldn’t worry. Four months isn’t that old and lots of parents don’t vaccinate this early.

Thank you! This is my gut feeling which is why I didn’t rush in the first place but today I just got anxious. Thanks
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics