Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
12 Turpin Children Chained to Beds and Starved for 17 Years
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 8:21 am
https://www.theyeshivaworld.co......html

ohmygosh

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 8:33 am
I hope the parents get physically and mentally tortured in jail by the other inmates. What evil.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 8:33 am
That story has had me so upside down since last week. Crying There are 13 children, half of them adults. 1 escaped and called the authorities to save the others.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 8:35 am
I don't understand how no one ever figured out that they are being tortured all these years. It doesn't make sense. Did they chose to turn a blind eye on them? Very sad!!!!!!

yogabird

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 8:39 am
Horrific beyond words.

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 8:51 am
Horrible. Hope the parents get what they deserve.

Purple2

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 9:07 am
All the neighbors noticed something was off, of course no one said anything for years. To me that’s one of the biggest issues. The parents are sick, but neighbors, relatives, to just sit by and do nothing?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 9:57 am
flowerpower wrote:
I don't understand how no one ever figured out that they are being tortured all these years. It doesn't make sense. Did they chose to turn a blind eye on them? Very sad!!!!!!

There were articles that said the kids slept during the day and were up at night. The parents moved them around over the years and they didn't live in one place. At one point the kids were tied up elsewhere and the parents would come to drop off food once in a while.
The neighbors didn't get to know them. One current neighbor said he once saw a few of them outside, dirty, cleaning the yard, but he figured they were dirty from the yard work.
People never know how to handle suspicion because the authorities do not take reports unless someone actually saw evidence of abuse or neglect.

Purple2

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 10:12 am
Lived in same lace now for at least 4 years. No excuse!!

flowerpower

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 10:29 am
ra_mom wrote:
There were articles that said the kids slept during the day and were up at night. The parents moved them around over the years and they didn't live in one place. At one point the kids were tied up elsewhere and the parents would come to drop off food once in a while.
The neighbors didn't get to know them. One current neighbor said he once saw a few of them outside, dirty, cleaning the yard, but he figured they were dirty from the yard work.
People never know how to handle suspicion because the authorities do not take reports unless someone actually saw evidence of abuse or neglect.

When you have 13 kids and the oldest is 29 and you never see them then there is a big red flag right there!!!! In California it's outdoor weather most of the year. You should see at least some kids playing outside some of the time. When they took multiple trips to Disney, why didn't they make an escape plan or approach an authority member there? Its puzzling.

gold21

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 10:30 am
Awful neighbors who totally dropped the ball. Should be ashamed of themselves.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 10:31 am
flowerpower wrote:
When you have 13 kids and the oldest is 29 and you never see them then there is a big red flag right there!!!! In California it's outdoor weather most of the year. You should see at least some kids playing outside some of the time. When they took multiple trips to Disney, why didn't they make an escape plan or approach an authority member there? Its puzzling.

The 29 year old weighs 82 pounds and looks like a little child Crying

Simple1

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 10:32 am
flowerpower wrote:

It is very puzzling. But then again, hindsight is 20/20, especially when people are busy with their own lives. It is sad.

gold21

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 10:37 am
Simple1 wrote:
It is very puzzling. But then again, hindsight is 20/20, especially when people are busy with their own lives. It is sad.

One neighbor admitted that he saw the kids, through the window, being marched around in circles at night, on a few separate occasions.

And this person did nothing about it.

That kind of inaction should be punishable by our justice system.

shanabanana

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 10:39 am
flowerpower wrote:

Stock·holm syn·drome
noun
feelings of trust or affection felt in certain cases of kidnapping or hostage-taking by a victim toward a captor.

I am honestly surprised that the 17 year old even thought to escape and call for help. Maybe she has memories of life being different, as I believe they did not always live chained up and starved. These children have no idea how to live as normal children. It said in one clip how the children had no idea what a police was!

Bluesky 1

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 10:39 am
This makes me cry, I feel terribly sad that such still happen. We all know abuse is not new or old but this is incomprehensible. Btw, no one should ask an abused person why they have not come forward faster? Anyone who has gone thru abuse understands the answer and doesn't ask because I unfortunately know.

Whatever your reactions are. That question should not be asked. Please educate on what abuse is then u will understand.

Abusers manipulate and make the victim think it's all their fault and the victim loses their mental ability to think they have power and rights like everyone else. Please don't ask, it hurts us all past or present victims. I am just adulation anyone who wants to understand and learn for the future to prevent this.

Just yesterday I was in the park and stopped a child from abusing another one. It was amazing the audacity and chutzpah just imagine what he does to others to get his way. I'm happy I protected another child😀

Coffee Addict

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 10:43 am
I read last week this story. I had such anxiety over it. Beyond horrific.

How the hell can such a family live in the dark for such a long time? That’s mind boggling to me. Sad

return2You

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 10:45 am
flowerpower wrote:

Statistically it’s pretty common for victims to be paralyzed and not do anything about reaching out for help. I think the 17 year old is a miracle, incredibly strong.

Coffee Addict

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 11:03 am
return2You wrote:
Statistically it’s pretty common for victims to be paralyzed and not do anything about reaching out for help. I think the 17 year old is a miracle, incredibly strong.

Yup. I was thinking the same.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 11:35 am
In the mean time, "mandated reporters" go Stasi on young people, poor people and alternative people
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics