Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Does face cream work?

amother

Post Sun, Oct 28 2007, 12:36 pm
Just curious.

I started putting on a little, but is it really a waste of $?

I tried one brand that made me break out. Now I'm using the Burt's Bees cream with no problems. I'm in my 30s now. Do you think it'll help me down the line? My husband looks younger than me. I already have some wrinkles because I was on an acne medicine in my early 20s that makes you very sensitive to sun. I don't want to look awful compared to my husband when we're in our 40s and 50s. Do you think it's a waste of money? I am not a big makeup person. I wear lipgloss and occasionally powder. It seems so weird to be buying a tiny container of lotion for $15.

NotInNJMommy

Post Sun, Oct 28 2007, 2:05 pm
I've met women with gorgeous skin in their 50s-60s plus and they attribute it to moisturizers...

I'm almost 30, kah, and I started using moisturizer again and I notice a big difference in just a week.

of course, being healthy is important too!

I use Oil of Olay complete for sensitive skin
and Night of Olay (at night obviously)....

Maya

Post Sun, Oct 28 2007, 2:29 pm
It definitely works. And the good news is, recent studies show that pharmacy creams are just as good as the brand names. Oil of Olay was found to be the best. So you can look better, but without wasting a lot of money.

EsaEinai

Post Sun, Oct 28 2007, 2:30 pm
OP, I dont know anything about the particular moisturizer youre using, but taking care of your skin definitely pays off. the women in my family are very makpid on putting on the appropriate moisturizers, etc and bH look amazing for their ages (bli ayin hara).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics