Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
How many realtors?

amother
Seashell

Post Sat, Mar 17 2018, 10:23 pm
Is it fine to have more than one realtor looking for houses for you? I'm so new to this and reading from different websites it says that you should really only have one realtor when house hunting. We have not signed anything stating we were only seeing either of them exclusively. We have two realtors who have been suggesting houses to us. Is that an issue? Is that normal?

amother
Violet

Post Sat, Mar 17 2018, 10:34 pm
The realtors are putting themselves in a situation where neither of them may get a commission if you purchase a house that they suggested, since nothing would stop you from putting in an offer with a third agent. They are both taking a risk by not having you under contract.

From your perspective - how would you handle it if you got emails from both about the same house? (we've had posters her post about this). Who would you ask to negotiate the deal for you?

Personally - I'd stick with one agent.

amother
Seashell

Post Sat, Mar 17 2018, 10:45 pm
amother wrote:
The realtors are putting themselves in a situation where neither of them may get a commission if you purchase a house that they suggested, since nothing would stop you from putting in an offer with a third agent. They are both taking a risk by not having you under contract.

From your perspective - how would you handle it if you got emails from both about the same house? (we've had posters her post about this). Who would you ask to negotiate the deal for you?

Personally - I'd stick with one agent.

I'd go with whoever e-mailed us about it first. Like I'd literally look at the time the e-mail was sent if it came down to that. I wouldn't put in an offer with a third agent. I would be loyal to whoever mentioned it to us first.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating