Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
No Posts allowed about Nutrition by Tanya Rosen
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

Yael

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 4:41 pm
We recently received a letter from Tanya Rosen’s lawyer ordering us to cease and desist in allowing users to post negative reviews of Nutrition by Tanya. They asked us to remove all negative reviews that they considered libel and defamatory. Since we are not willing to fight this order in court, we agreed to remove the reviews.

However in order to keep Imamother at the level of authenticity and honesty that we strive for, we have decided that if negative reviews are removed, then positive ones will have to be removed as well, in order to keep the integrity of Imamother. We value giving our members the opportunity to get honest feedback and having a one sided discussion doesn’t offer this.

Therefore, we will no longer allow any discussion or recommendation of Nutrition by Tanya.

Sorry for the inconvenience that this may have caused.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 4:46 pm
I respect your way of handling this Yael. The way you manage the board is always very impressive!

Zehava

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 4:47 pm
Wow
Way to go Tanya! It says something about a business when they try to fight honest reviews.

Maya

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 4:48 pm
I wish an attorney here can offer an opinion as to how she has a valid case. Last I checked, negative reviews on social media are not illegal. Or are they?

chaiz

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 4:51 pm
Maya wrote:
I wish an attorney here can offer an opinion as to how she has a valid case. Last I checked, negative reviews on social media are not illegal. Or are they?

I was thinking similar. I know that in Israel she may have a leg to stand on because libel laws are different than the US. But I thought the in the US things are different.

InnerMe

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 4:54 pm
Oh wow. Ups the drama.
And Yael you are pretty amazing, you keep proving to me that you are just the perfect person to run such a site.
And I cannot help but tell Tanya: This doesn't seem to be a wise move.

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 4:55 pm
She lost herself a follower here. This doesn't sit well with me. Im not sure if she'll miss an Instagram follower but I'm gone gone gone.

Zehava

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 4:57 pm
Her program already seemed cult-like before this is just the icing on the cake.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 4:57 pm
This action that was taken is bad PR. Too late now...I always kept an open mind but now not so much.

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 4:59 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
This action that was taken is bad PR. Too late now...I always kept an open mind but now not so much.

Same! And I was just defending her on the other post! Rolling Eyes

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 5:01 pm
chaiz wrote:
I was thinking similar. I know that in Israel she may have a leg to stand on because libel laws are different than the US. But I thought the in the US things are different.

I understood Yael to mean that while Tanya may not have a right to impose this, it's just not worth contesting.

watergirl

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 5:03 pm
A facebook group’s admin was also threatened.

InnerMe

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 5:03 pm
Maya wrote:

I'm thinking the same.
How can such a thing be imposed? It makes no sense.

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 5:04 pm
Oh so we can say Trump is a pig and a moron but I can’t post a true post about my experience with Tanya?
Last I checked this is America with freedom of speech.

Yael, why are you intimated of something totally legal? For all you know the letter isn’t even real?

InnerMe

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 5:04 pm
amother wrote:
I understood Yael to mean that while Tanya may not have a right to impose this, it's just not worth contesting.

But why would it be contesting?
Say I have a hair salon, can I drag a website owner to court because she's allowing people to express their opinions on my hair salon, and they do not suit my fancy?

(Not to mention what it says about my hair salon)

Last edited by InnerMe on Wed, Apr 25 2018, 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

chaiz

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 5:05 pm
amother wrote:

Makes sense that it is totally worth not contesting. I am just appalled that people may be manipulating others in such a way. But it could be that I don't know the law.

Raisin

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 5:06 pm
Honestly I don't think she can do anything to you legally but I am not a lawyer.

I don't think she is doing herself or her business any favours by these legal threats. This is the second one I have seen today.

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 5:07 pm
This is so upsetting that you fall for it and her letter should be publicized.
Tanya BLACKMAILED Yael.
She can be dragged to court. Not you.

This is plain old fashioned blackmailing.

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 5:10 pm
Maya wrote:

Even if she would absolutely lose in court or her case would get dismissed, Yael understandably doesn't want to deal with the nuisance, headache and expense of defending a legal battle.

This is straight up bullying behavior. Exploding anger

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 5:12 pm
I hate censorship and bullying. Tanya's lawyers just triggered me. I wish I had social media to post my opinion on this.

Can the letter be posted?
Page 1 of 9   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic       Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise