Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
West heampstead vs inwood

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Jun 17 2018, 11:40 am
We are looking to leave Brooklyn and buy a house with a yard for under 600k. Inwood and west heampstead seem to be the only places that make sense commute wise. We are a yeshivish family I would say more oot yeshivish. I like a mix of ppl as long as I am part of the mix. Dh is in chinuch and always wears a white shirt. Would we be too yeshivish for west heampstead and can you in general compare and contrast both communities.

doctorima

Post Sun, Jun 17 2018, 12:40 pm
Yes, from my limited knowledge of West Hempstead, you would be an outlier there. They would be friendly and welcoming, but you would still feel out-of-place, and your kids won't have neighbors in their schools. Have you considered Bayswater?

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Jun 17 2018, 12:47 pm
doctorima wrote:
Yes, from my limited knowledge of West Hempstead, you would be an outlier there. They would be friendly and welcoming, but you would still feel out-of-place, and your kids won't have neighbors in their schools. Have you considered Bayswater?

I keep thinking the same thing but then I hear that there are kids from Yk queens and tiferes Moshe in west heampstead and more and more keep moving...

groovy1224

Post Sun, Jun 17 2018, 2:05 pm
amother wrote:
I keep thinking the same thing but then I hear that there are kids from Yk queens and tiferes Moshe in west heampstead and more and more keep moving...

There is definitely more of a yeshivish presence in West Hempstead in the last 3-4 years. There is a new shul there ( don't know the name, but it's aggudah-type) that is growing rapidly. I would definitely consider the area if you are looking for an out of town yeshivish vibe, with affordable (ish..it is still NY) housing.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating