Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
S/O woman with twins with dh not helping

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Jun 25 2018, 6:41 am
So, in these situations where the dh is not helping a lot of ppl said
They were resentful too so op should hire full time help. Even on shiurim, I heard
The rebetzin say this as well. This makes me very upset BC I'm very resentful of my dh
For not helping enough etc but if only I had the money for full time help, I would not have tho resentment. Then, I think of my relative who is very rich and can hire full time help so she wont have the same resentment feeling. Yes, I'm jealous of this. I'm not jealous of her house or luxuries but of being able to hire help when overwhelmed. BUT I KNOW I'M NOT SUPPOSED TO THINK LIKE THIS. IM SUPPOSED TO SAY HASHEM WANTS ME IN MY POSITION AND HER IN her position for reasons we don't know.
So, this is my constant struggle right now.

Any thoughts? Anyone relate to this specific challenge??

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Jun 25 2018, 6:57 am
It's perfectly reasonable to feel jealous. Of course having more money would make life easier. However, since that's not your situation now, you have to figure out what you can do to keep things running smoothly. Hugs.

octopus

Post Mon, Jun 25 2018, 8:06 am
Money doesn't make people happy, but it sure makes life easier!

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jun 25 2018, 8:08 am
I'm so sorry that you're in this situation, especially with twins! Are there any organizations out there that can help you? Hug

asp40

Post Mon, Jun 25 2018, 8:17 am
I am sorry that you feel resentment about this.

I would try your best to push that aside and just do the best you can with your kids. People seem to assume everyone with twins has loads of help and that isn't the case. Focus on the kids and let the housework slide. Hopefully DH will step in. And if not, at least you've taken something off of your plate.

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Jun 25 2018, 8:28 am
asp40 wrote:
I am sorry that you feel resentment about this.

I would try your best to push that aside and just do the best you can with your kids. People seem to assume everyone with twins has loads of help and that isn't the case. Focus on the kids and let the housework slide. Hopefully DH will step in. And if not, at least you've taken something off of your plate.

Dunno if u read the original post, but this woman is 2 weeks post c-section..she can't focus on her kids yet...she gotta focus on herself now..so help is the answer...if the man works full time ther is this much he can do after a full days work...he's also exhausted..right he didnt have a c section but in order not to feel resentment let her hire help, at least for the time being...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics