Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Whats the average take home pay for family man w no degree?
1  2  3  Next

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Aug 06 2018, 6:13 pm
Whats the average take home pay for a family man w no college degree?

Not what it should be, but what most people realistically take home monthly or yearly, if theyre average bright but dont have a college degree.

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Aug 06 2018, 6:25 pm
Where is this family man living, and what is his job?

LiLIsraeli

Post Mon, Aug 06 2018, 6:26 pm
Every job pays differently. What kind of job are we talking about here?

naturalmom5

Post Mon, Aug 06 2018, 6:28 pm
Was he taken into his family/shver's business ...

Did his community set him up in business

Or did he do EVERYTHING (YES EVERYTHING) on his own..

I am genuinely happy for every yeed who was helped...

I just appreciate honesty

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Aug 06 2018, 6:28 pm
Full-time workers without a high school diploma had median weekly earnings of $515, compared with $718 for high school graduates (no college) and $1,189 for those with a bachelor's degree. Full-time workers with advanced degrees (professional or master's degree and above) had median weekly earnings of $1,451.Jul 21, 2017

simba

Post Mon, Aug 06 2018, 6:43 pm
amother wrote:
Full-time workers without a high school diploma had median weekly earnings of $515, compared with $718 for high school graduates (no college) and $1,189 for those with a bachelor's degree. Full-time workers with advanced degrees (professional or master's degree and above) had median weekly earnings of $1,451.Jul 21, 2017

Is this an average in the frim community?

OP, it varies by so many things. If you tell us the city and the job title we can give you a closer idea.
I know men with nothing but Yeshiva education that make anywhere between 35k and 300k annually, and that is just those at jobs on a salaries. Many I know opened their own business and are making a lot more.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Aug 06 2018, 6:50 pm
amother wrote:

I found updated info -- the average annual salary for a person with a high school diploma, no college, is $35,256. https://smartasset.com/retirem.....level

Now everyone is going to tell me about Shloimy who is a multi-billionaire who barely speaks English, and Yankel, who graduated Wharton but hasn't been able to find a job in 27 years and sleeps on a subway grate. But they're not the usual case.

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Aug 06 2018, 6:53 pm
OP - are you trying to determine if your dh should invest in college? Or if he is being offered a reasonable salary?

simba

Post Mon, Aug 06 2018, 6:56 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
I found updated info -- the average annual salary for a person with a high school diploma, no college, is $35,256. https://smartasset.com/retirem.....level

I would take a wild uneducated guess and say the average within the frum community is closer to 55k annually.

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Aug 06 2018, 8:03 pm
DH gets $20 an hour. Depends how many hours he works. Chasidish. No degree. More like 44,000 annually.

Edited to change miscalculation

keym

Post Mon, Aug 06 2018, 8:10 pm
Are we talking starting salary?

Because even with no degree, a family man who started at a job at say 40k annually, but works hard, is reliable, and an asset to the company gets annual raises and could work his way up.

Plus he learns particular skillsets, equipment, or goes for some retraining and he can be eligible for more raises.

I actually know quite a few men like this, who started off making 35-40k, but 20 years down the line, by the time they are marrying off their kids are making 70-80k.

That's pretty decent especially if the wife works also and they live carefully.

But obviously it depends where. In the city, 70k is worth much less than oot.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Aug 06 2018, 8:12 pm
No such thing as average. There are starting salaries. And then salaries based on specific experience to that individual, higher if he already has the skills through experience for the company he's interviewing for.

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Aug 06 2018, 8:13 pm
amother wrote:
Where is this family man living, and what is his job?

Hes doing retail sales in Lakewood. Cant say more.

simba

Post Mon, Aug 06 2018, 8:14 pm
amother wrote:
DH gets $20 an hour. Depends how many hours he works. Chasidish. No degree. More like 22,000 annually.

If he worked a 40 hour work week which is typical it would be 41k a year. He is working 20 hours a week if he comes home with 22k annually at $20 an hr.

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Aug 06 2018, 8:17 pm
amother wrote:
DH gets $20 an hour. Depends how many hours he works. Chasidish. No degree. More like 22,000 annually.

This person makes $2500-3000 take home pay a month, depending on the season, busy or not, and with the wife working p/t he cant pay his mortgage.

How do you manage? Whats your total family income?

simba

Post Mon, Aug 06 2018, 8:18 pm
amother wrote:

How many years experience? High end retail or general merchandise?

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Aug 06 2018, 8:20 pm
amother wrote:

Commission?

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Aug 06 2018, 8:23 pm
amother wrote:
Commission?
No hourly.

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Aug 06 2018, 8:23 pm
simba wrote:
If he worked a 40 hour work week which is typical it would be 41k a year. He is working 20 hours a week if he comes home with 22k annually at $20 an hr.

Your right. I made a wrong calculation. I got mixed up because he used to have a half year job. Seasonal. Now it's a whole year job. So it's more like $44,000.

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Aug 06 2018, 8:24 pm
Why "men" in particular? Women work too and it's illegal to pay men more just because they are men. I started off in real job making $15/hr. Went to next place at $16/hr and felt like I got a huge raise when I got $17.50/hr. Then I became smarter and named my price. Went to $22.50/hr at next place and when they took advantage of my skill I went elsewhere and now make $60,000/year . Went from $16/hr - $33/hr over the course of 3 yrs.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics