Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Whats the average take home pay for family man w no degree?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 1:03 am
SpottedBanana wrote:
To OP: you know there is no linear relationship between intelligence and income, right? It's not like a man of "average intelligence" will definitely make within a certain range whereas someone less smart will definitely make below that range and someone smart will definitely make more. It depends what your talents are and what field you choose to enter!! Even without a degree.

For example, a man may choose to be a cashier or a waiter and make around $30k.

He may be good with his hands and choose to become a plumber and make around $50k (or a LOT more, I'm just googling national averages).

Or he may have a gift of gab so great he could charm a snake out of a cage full of mice, and choose to be an insurance salesman and make a boatload if he does well.

Derech teva, everything depends on how good you are at something and how much the market will pay for it. Of course Hashem is running everything, but without a neis galui this is the way He generally runs the world.

All true, but there are definitely less opportunities for people who arent tech or computer savvy/literate. It leaves very little besides even limited amount of sales positions.

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 1:09 am
amother wrote:
It's not hard to live on a <100k budget with young kids who aren't in school. We did it for several years. It's a different story once you have to pay tuition for a hunch of them.

Who is talking about 100,000 budget? Honestly I never knew people earn so much money. I would feel rich with that amount.

SpottedBanana

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 1:11 am
dup

Last edited by SpottedBanana on Tue, Aug 07 2018, 1:13 am; edited 1 time in total

SpottedBanana

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 1:12 am
amother wrote:
All true, but there are definitely less opportunities for people who arent tech or computer savvy/literate. It leaves very little besides even limited amount of sales positions.

Are you saying sales positions are more limited for those who aren't "tech savvy"? Can you explain further?

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 1:17 am
SpottedBanana wrote:
Are you saying sales positions are more limited for those who aren't "tech savvy"? Can you explain further?

Ya need to be able to operate a computer to sell things in 2018, unless you are standing in a storefront.

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 1:21 am
SpottedBanana wrote:

For instance, if you have to place orders on a computer, or record each sale on a computer and youre unable to work a computer, there goes that job opportunity.

SpottedBanana

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 1:21 am
amother wrote:
Ya need to be able to operate a computer to sell things in 2018, unless you are standing in a storefront.

I didn't realize you meant *operate* a computer as in type into Word and Excel. Are there really people of "average intelligence" born and bred in America who cannot do that or learn to do it in a short time?

Also, I didn't mean retail -- I meant working out of an office in a big company which tends to pay more.

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 8:15 pm
amother wrote:
Who is talking about 100,000 budget? Honestly I never knew people earn so much money. I would feel rich with that amount.

$100,000 is not that much when you take into account living a frum lifestyle. We make more than that and have two children in elementary school. We currently rent as cant afford to buy. We dont get assistance from any family members and dont qualify for any government programs. We struggle every month to cover all our expenses, pay off some outstanding debt from when we didnt make this much and not get further into debt (and no, we dont take lavish vacations, we dont buy brand name items, our cars are over 15 years old) My husband and I are both hard working individuals who work full time. If you show your employer that you are a dedicated hard working employee, it should help to earn their trust and respect and hopefully get raises and bonuses. If not, maybe its time to look for a new job. I never got a degree and am making close to $100k from years of hard work and dedication to my job. My bosses dont want to lose me and they know they have to keep me happy (I.e. a good salary). Main thing to keep in mind is hishtadlus and daven to Hashem to be able to provide for your family.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 8:19 pm
amother wrote:

Get back to me when you're paying tuition for a bunch of kids LOL

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 9:06 pm
My husband takes home 60k after taxes working for a private Jewish owned company. It's too low of a salary to support our family but it's also high for the work he does. He's made anything between 30&100k over the years.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics