Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Dr Tabick treating torticollis

JH

Post Thu, Dec 06 2018, 8:39 pm
Hi,
I have seen mixed reviews about Dr. Tabick. My son is 14 months old and has torticollis. We took him to Dr Tabick and he said he can treat it in 3-5 visits. Is anyone familiar with him in treating torticollis?

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Dec 06 2018, 8:49 pm
14 months old is kind of late to be treating torticollis...

I have no personal experience, but I was warned against taking a baby to a chiropractor. They are working with very delicate bones and muscles and could really mess up... Same thing with craniosacral PT.

Last edited by amother on Thu, Jul 11 2019, 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Dec 06 2018, 9:11 pm
My husband had a negative experience with dr. Tabick..

What does your pediatrician recommend?

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Dec 06 2018, 9:27 pm
Take your dc to physical therapy right away.

JH

Post Thu, Dec 06 2018, 10:43 pm
We already tried PT with early intervention but it did not help. Maybe someone has a PT they would recommend.

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Dec 06 2018, 10:46 pm
JH wrote:
We already tried PT with early intervention but it did not help. Maybe someone has a PT they would recommend.

As I said before, I would not recommend going to a craniosacral PT with a baby. However, many people swear by it. If you are going to do it, make sure that you go to someone who is a real expert.

The regular PTs through EI work mainly on the positioning and stretches, but don't address the core muscle issues that cause torticollis. The craniosacral PT will correct that.

Last edited by amother on Thu, Jul 11 2019, 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total

gande

Post Thu, Dec 06 2018, 11:10 pm
Anat baniel method is gentle and sometimes works wonders. It basically reorganizes and creates new movement patterns. I wouldn't trust Dr. Tabik.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Dec 06 2018, 11:12 pm
My daughter had severe torticollis. We started therapy at 5 mos and between the ot and pt together they completely helped my daughter. Get a good therapy team and consistently do the exercises and u will see results!

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Dec 06 2018, 11:33 pm
amother wrote:
My daughter had severe torticollis. We started therapy at 5 mos and between the ot and pt together they completely helped my daughter. Get a good therapy team and consistently do the exercises and u will see results!

5 months and 14 months are very different. At 5 months, the baby isn't moving around yet, so good positioning and stretches can make a world of difference. With a 14-month-old, more drastic measures might be needed. As I said, there might be re-alignment needed.

Last edited by amother on Thu, Jul 11 2019, 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total

gande

Post Thu, Dec 06 2018, 11:34 pm
Anat baniel method is gentle and sometimes works wonders. It basically reorganizes and creates new movement patterns. I wouldn't trust Dr. Tabik.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics