Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Inviting co workers to Bar Mitzvah

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Dec 17 2018, 9:51 pm
I want to invite my coworkers to my son's bar mitzvah. We are having a kidduish in shul. Some of my coworkers are not frum and will drive to join in the celebration. Which is so wonderful that they would want to come, but I am putting them in a situation to drive. It's weird to invite people knowing they can't come unless they drive.... Has anyone dealt with this before???

tichellady

Post Mon, Dec 17 2018, 10:06 pm
People do different things. Personally I wouldn’t invite non frum people that isn’t family to a shul kiddush. I think it’s too overwhelming and crazy and not going to make a great impression and they are going to just feel awkward

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Dec 17 2018, 10:10 pm
This is a halachic shaila- whether one may invite someone who will drive on shabbos, how to word the invitation, etc. Please check with your own rav.

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Dec 17 2018, 10:11 pm
tichellady wrote:
People do different things. Personally I wouldn’t invite non frum people that isn’t family to a shul kiddush. I think it’s too overwhelming and crazy and not going to make a great impression and they are going to just feel awkward

I feel I have to invite my coworkers, it seems that is what is done(I am new to the job, but so far everyone has been invited to each other's celebrations, they just have not been on shabbat-I work at a yeshiva). I can't only invite the frum staff.

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Dec 17 2018, 10:12 pm
amother wrote:
This is a halachic shaila- whether one may invite someone who will drive on shabbos, how to word the invitation, etc. Please check with your own rav.

Good idea!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics