Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
London 2wks 1 carry-on bag what 2 pack

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 7:24 pm
Going to London for 2 weeks. What essentials must I pack? I can buy stuff, but how do I get it back?

I can't imagine being able to pack Shabbos clothes, sheitals, stockings, shoes, weekday clothes. Oy

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 7:27 pm
Wouldn’t it be easier to bring a suitcase and not have to buy anything?

Otherwise I guess bring essentials and buy everything else here- we have plenty of shops of all sorts!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 7:32 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
Wouldn’t it be easier to bring a suitcase and not have to buy anything?

Otherwise I guess bring essentials and buy everything else here- we have plenty of shops of all sorts!

Of couse it would. They want $250 each way. Depending on price, I might rather ship my purchases home. I usually shop on vacation and bring an empty suitcase.

Yummymummy3

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 7:37 pm
Don't forget to bring coats with you and hoodie too. You can wear them to help with the weight.

angelgirl

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 7:37 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Of couse it would. They want $250 each way. Depending on price, I might rather ship my purchases home. I usually shop on vacation and bring an empty suitcase.

Omg! That’s insane!

If your local to Golders Green then Brent Cross is an excellent shopping centre, with all sorts of shops, including marks and Spencer, fenwicks and John Lewis . Nearby is also Next, and just a tube or bus ride away into central London you have oxford street with flagship stores of many many brands, as well as some department stores.

Bring enough for a couple of days and you should be fine.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 7:40 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Going to London for 2 weeks. What essentials must I pack? I can buy stuff, but how do I get it back?

I can't imagine being able to pack Shabbos clothes, sheitals, stockings, shoes, weekday clothes. Oy

Just a carry on?

You're going to have to do laundry. Wear heavier shoes and carry one pair of Tieks or other lightweight, easy to pack flats.

Wear a lightweight raincoat on the plane.

Pack 6 tops, 3 bottoms, 1 lightweight dress for Shabbat, as much underwear as you can fit, 2 sets of night clothing, cosmetics (sample size if possible). Pack a pashmina for extra warmth, and a sweatshirt or sweater if you can.

ROLL don't fold.

Wear your sheitel. Pack a tichel or beret.

Buy toiletries there if they don't fit.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 8:12 pm
Yummymummy3 wrote:
Don't forget to bring coats with you and hoodie too. You can wear them to help with the weight.

Do I need a coat in August?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 8:14 pm
On my way back, my flight leaves at night. Is there some place I can stash my carry-on looks a locker at the airport?

Yummymummy3

Post Thu, Jun 27 2019, 4:16 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Do I need a coat in August?

Summer coat due to the rain. I personally don't wear one but I don't mind getting soaked. I'm used to it. Very Happy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics