Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Arts 'n Crafts Smock
Previous  1  2

jewgal84

Post Wed, Sep 21 2005, 2:42 pm
Quote:
and if u want to really score points w/h u'r teacher buy ones or make instead of tye, the velcro type

Another teacher here, yes please!

Magic word VELCRO, and that includes SHOES too!!!

(And if you're toilet training, avoid belts with buckles and buttoned pants, try snaps instead!!)

Tefila

Post Wed, Sep 21 2005, 4:58 pm
Jewgal yey, you got me going LOL
Quote:
Magic word VELCRO, and that includes SHOES too!!!

Do u know laces knotted, double knotted, even triple w/h small kids always come undone. Do u want the teacher to remember the kid and his laces or the kid and ........ u'r choice. Tongue Out

Also parents who send toilet trained kids w/h the pants that have straps on top like dungarees poor child by the time he or the teacher has undone them who knows how near desperation they r or were embarrassed

Also long straight skirts for 3 yr old kids maybe in fashion but playground dangerous. Exclamation Exclamation Unless it's only 4 looks and u don't want u'r kid to be able to run or climb go ahead and get more of them they r good looking but thats about it. Exclamation poor kids Sad

Snow pants if one can get the waist style ones! trust me the bib ones r a major hassle for both parent, teacher and child. Thats it 4 now. And yes I'm not only talking from a teachers point of view but a kids too Smile

P.s. one more thing Twisted Evil you can yap to me anytime after school but don't be insulted if all I can say to you is hello first thing in the in the morning. since I hate to inform you this but your child comes first atleast thats why I was hired I think. Scratching Head
Signed w/h love....... u'r childs morah Wink

jewgal84

Post Wed, Sep 21 2005, 6:29 pm
Quote:
Jewgal yey, you got me going

Alright frelich, your on Wink From not onlyteachers view but from your childs as well.

Slippers (clogs?) for girls in the warmer weather are cute but very unpractical (unless you don't want her to run, skip and jump)

Girls/ boys pantsuits while being/ or even already toilet trained is a no-no.

Girls with long hair- should be ponytailed and pinned back due to comfort (ie bangs in eyes) and lice challenges...

Send mitzvah notes... Its so important, it makes a child sad to see all his kids notes being read out loud and his own.. Most teachers will give you already prepared notes all you have to do is sign!!

Bring in Tzedaka, if have hard time remembering, bring in a little bag per week/month.

If your school allows you to bring in snacks, bring in what your child wants, so he doesnt have to be left with staring at others snacks he should feel content with his own.

Participate in school activities ie shabbos parties, birthday parties, special days ie graduation, its SO important (a grandparent or aunt ISNT the same as mommy and/or daddy)!

Don't bring in your child in your arms, harder to detach, rather walk in hand in hand.

2 yr olds preferably, harder for transition:

If your child is having a hard time adjusting, tell them where you are goin and when you'll be back.

If your child isnt having a hard time adjusting, tell them there may be kids in his/her class who will cry.

If you see your kid isnt adjusting well, maybe s/he isnt ready...

Not all your kids deal with adjustment the same, for your eldest it may have been the hardest/easiest don't judge the rest of them that way!

Don't pick up your child while on the phone, very hurtful for the child-set your priorities!

The list will continue. Very Happy

BTW mommies- do you ever notice your kids spend more time with their teachers then at home... (ages 4-....)

9am-3pm : in school with teacher /total of 6 hrs
3pm-7pm : at home for play, supper, bath and bed / total of 4 hrs
7pm-7am : sleeping / total of 12 hrs
7am-9am : breakfeast and usually self play/ total of 2 hrs

Treat your teachers well!!

Signed with love, care and devotion,
Your child morah Lady

Tefila

Post Wed, Sep 21 2005, 7:38 pm
Quote:

Send mitzvah notes... Its so important, it makes a child sad to see all his kids notes being read out loud and his own.. Most teachers will give you already prepared notes all you have to do is sign!!

Bring in Tzedaka, if have hard time remembering, bring in a little bag per week/month

Yes we sent home leaf shaped notes so only a pen and mitzvah is needed to write it down.
And Tzedaka I told parents if they want to give once a week for a whole week they could, but month does sound easier jewgal Tongue Out

Also if a teacher does have to talk to you about your child it is not b/c a) she hates him or her or b)Has nonething better to do.
But b/c she cares and believes the best part of helping your child is when parent and teacher work together .

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Wed, Sep 21 2005, 9:26 pm
we have to start a "from the teacher's" forum now. Smile Btw, my question is...how come you can remind parents so many times of things and they still won't listen sometimes?? We gave out the list of supplies 1 1/2 weeks ago (Monday)....on Friday's newsletter I wrote "please send your child in with his briefcase every day" and they're still not....HMPH. We just have to pin things to the kids, etc.... Oh well.... that's life. Smile

Tefila

Post Wed, Sep 21 2005, 10:01 pm
Quote:
We just have to pin things to the kids, etc....

Now thats an Idea maybe I will adapt it Very Happy

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Wed, Sep 21 2005, 10:03 pm
well, it's one thing to pin a note on to them...but when you have projects and have to start putting them in bags and attaching them.... Wink but I'm glad if I gave you a good idea...!

jewgal84

Post Thu, Sep 22 2005, 4:00 pm
Quote:
well, it's one thing to pin a note on to them...but when you have projects and have to start putting them in bags and attaching them.... but I'm glad if I gave you a good idea...!

Brachad- we do that as well!

And if the parent isnt gettin on..as far as notes, and supplies etc it might be who she is or dan lekaf zchus, she never got them (her cleanign lady throguh them out..) But it is so annoying and embarrasing, we once had a shabbat ima- and showed up with nothing - we usually send home a note on wednesday and the kids bring in a nosh by thursday or friday.

So who's starting the teachers thread, we have lots to talk about!!!

jewgal84

Post Thu, Sep 22 2005, 4:01 pm
Quote:
Brachad- we do that as well!

To clarify- we pin notes, not projects ! Rolling Laughter
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers