Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Shprechn eyen hara
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Ruby

Post Fri, Aug 09 2019, 2:06 pm
urban gypsy wrote:
But true belief in the supernatural means that you accept that there are invisible forces swirling all around acting on your life that you can't stop, but at the end of the day the real magic comes from yourself and taking responsibility for your choices. It's about letting go of control and stepping into your power.

Just had to quote before signing out.
Love it. Profound.

amother
Blonde

Post Fri, Aug 09 2019, 2:09 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi
Sorry for my ignorance-but curious how this works
If eyen hara was found by person that Shprechn blie-he will take away eyen hara-but the person causing the eyen hara will the next day be jealous again-so what happens-need to pay again that person to Shprechn again?a non vicious cycle?

Why would you assume that the person is going to be jealous again the next day?
Why would you assume to know which person is causing the ayin hara?

I've been accused of being jealous and causing ayin haras, and I found it very hurtful, because it's not true. I'm not jealous and I didn't cause ayin hara. But some people think so.

urban gypsy

Post Fri, Aug 09 2019, 2:26 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi
Sorry for my ignorance-but curious how this works
If eyen hara was found by person that Shprechn blie-he will take away eyen hara-but the person causing the eyen hara will the next day be jealous again-so what happens-need to pay again that person to Shprechn again?a non vicious cycle?

OP I realized that I never answered your question
I think that for those who believe in it, there are two kinds of ayin hara... one that happens in passing from someone you encounter once or from an isolated incident, or an ongoing one like a jealous neighbor or a jilted fiance
"Removing" ayin hara works for the first type, but for the second you will need some type of amulet or counter-curse
NOT THAT I BELIEVE IN THAT OK LOL

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Aug 09 2019, 4:42 pm
urban gypsy wrote:
I AM EXACTLY THE SAME WAY which is why I am so drawn to this topic
As I get older I find that I believe MORE in supernatural things yet REJECT them in equal measure. Crazy but true!

Typing this I realize the difference to me is that superstition makes you feel that you can *command* the supernatural and bend it to your will, or at the very least try to avoid harm by using it. But true belief in the supernatural means that you accept that there are invisible forces swirling all around acting on your life that you can't stop, but at the end of the day the real magic comes from yourself and taking responsibility for your choices. It's about letting go of control and stepping into your power.

Yay I guess therapy is working????

I do and don't agree with your post. There is a chazal, hakol bidei Shamayim chutz miyiras Shamayim. What I disagree with is the impression that we can control our lives. Of course we have to make good decisions, and we have to make decisions that are an outgrowth of yiras Shamayim. But let's not forget that Hashem runs the show and there certainly is a lot going on beneath the surface.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics