Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Birthday at daycare

wellaways

Post Tue, Sep 03 2019, 10:25 am
My daughter is turning one next Shabbat and I was thinking about taking something sweet to her gan on Friday. It was a super normal practice in our American community for moms to send party favors or treats, but will this be weird in Israel? Will the other moms think I'm being super extra? I wouldn't send food (too complicated with allergies, kashrut, food preferences, etc), but some small cute stickers and maybe a mini bubble bottle or something...

shmosmom

Post Tue, Sep 03 2019, 11:00 am
It's up to you, I live in Brooklyn and I'd still think you're extra. Wouldn't mind it though. The child is one, neither he nor the other kids will understand the birthday concept.

wellaways

Post Tue, Sep 03 2019, 11:42 am
shmosmom wrote:
It's up to you, I live in Brooklyn and I'd still think you're extra. Wouldn't mind it though. The child is one, neither he nor the other kids will understand the birthday concept.

This is what I always thought too! Our community was relatively tight knit so maybe it was just more of a cute and exciting thing for the moms. This is my first baby so I'm just trying to feel everything out. Thanks for your response!!

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Sep 03 2019, 12:21 pm
wellaways wrote:
This is what I always thought too! Our community was relatively tight knit so maybe it was just more of a cute and exciting thing for the moms. This is my first baby so I'm just trying to feel everything out. Thanks for your response!!

Ask the gannenet.

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Sep 03 2019, 12:50 pm
You need to find out the daycares policy on this.

SuperWify

Post Tue, Sep 03 2019, 2:53 pm
Seems odd for a one year old but do what makes you happy.

Rutabaga

Post Tue, Sep 03 2019, 3:10 pm
A one year old has no idea what a birthday is. We do birthdays in school for preschool aged kids (3 to 5) and the morahs have a whole routine, but I can't imagine doing so for babies. If you're in the mood to celebrate, then you're probably better off making a little party at home for family.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics