Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
I think I asked before, but here goes..

tzatza

Post Wed, Jan 02 2008, 4:15 pm
BH, I am expecting my 3rd child in July. I started my job 1.5 years ago when I just got pg with my second. I worked for 6 months, gave birth, stayed home for almost 4 months, returned to work full-time, etc. Everything went ok. My boss is a wonderful lady, but she was relieved when I came back because she really needed me. I found myself very unexpectedly pg now (though, very happy, of course Very Happy ). I am into my 4th month and I feel I owe it to her to tell her about it as early as possible (before she asks). She is on vacation and returning next week. For some reason, I am dreading this conversation, also given the fact that I might have to stay home much longer this time (with two kids). Just looking for tips. Thanks

NotInNJMommy

Post Wed, Jan 02 2008, 8:23 pm
Try to focus on the positive: You are telling her so that you two can work together to be the most effective for the company. You enjoy your job and love doing it and want to work with her to support whatever it is that this company does. You'll tell her when you are due, and you don't have to know how long you'd need leave right now. Think more about it in the next couple mos and see what you can come up with when the time gets closer. Just stay positive and try to keep your boss positive! (ie. I may not be here in 5 mos but I'm here now! Smile )

Hashem should make everything smooth and clear.

ange

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 1:51 pm
Bshaah tovah!

Do tell her before you start to show...etc.

But since your post sounded a little apologetic almost, I would just reassure you that you have nothing to apologize to her about (even if it was a surprise, or close together or whatever). Sounding that way during a discussion with her might make her look at the negative impact this will have on work. Being informative and coming with a plan takes will help avoid her having a less than positive reaction.

Good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics