Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Is cleanliness next to G-gliness????

MatzosMama

Post Tue, Aug 30 2005, 3:33 pm
ok so here I am looking at my calender, and ikes!!!! shock I see that the High Holidays are almost here!!! And I have to wonder, does anyone else goes "overboard" with housekeeping getting ready for this special time of year? My D'h ( Banging head ) thinks that I am all mixed up, says that I clean like it is Passover!!

I think that if your are going to clean for such a time, then is should be done correctly.

Am I the only "nutty" one here with a cleaning fixation? What

Post Tue, Aug 30 2005, 3:40 pm
I'd say work on the cleanliness of you neshama (soul) before the your house- that will definitely bring you closer to G-dliness! Although there is a concept of Seder V'nikayon (order and cleanliness), I think Hashem cares more about YOU!
but, to answer your question. I do not do pesach cleaning when I don't have to!

MatzosMama

Post Tue, Aug 30 2005, 10:30 pm
I guess that I find that I can clear my heart and head when I clean. Kinda like to "center" my self and get things put into order. And G-d knows that this house needs to be put into order!! LOL

baby's mom

Post Tue, Aug 30 2005, 10:36 pm
I hear you MM, I'm the same way. I feel so much better after I organize my house! Very Happy

MatzosMama

Post Wed, Aug 31 2005, 4:11 am
Now if only the house could stay in order!!!! LOL

eliana

Post Wed, Aug 31 2005, 5:50 am
You are lucky because you know the 'holiday year' by heart - I guess you have been observant all your life.
I am overawed with all the holidays and customs - only recently started my path of observance - and I am nervous and excited - even the weekly Shabbos preparation is a big challenge for me embarrassed
To answer your question - I support your eagerness to prepare for the High Holidays both spiritually and your home. I wish I too could do all those preparation things propperly Very Happy

Post Wed, Aug 31 2005, 12:20 pm
Eliana, welcome (to imamother and Jewish observance!). Good luck and we're here for any questions you may have!

MatzosMama

Post Wed, Aug 31 2005, 1:00 pm
eliana wrote:
You are lucky because you know the 'holiday year' by heart - I guess you have been observant all your life.

eliana...first welcome.. Cheers .and would it shock you to know that I too have only come to this observant???? I too still find it difficult to remember all of the do's and don't's embarrassed

I have only very recently come back to the fold as it were....have had my fist ever mikvah in May of this year......but I feel that G-d is understanding and will forgive some small "ooopps" if your heart is pure.
Wink Wink

eliana

Post Thu, Sep 01 2005, 2:29 am
MatzosMama wrote:
I feel that G-d is understanding and will forgive some small "ooopps" if your heart is pure.
Yes Yes Yes

I hope the same Wink

Eliana

lucky

Post Thu, Sep 01 2005, 10:04 am
0613 wrote:
but, to answer your question. I do not do pesach cleaning when I don't have to!

Ditto. Once a year is enough. And before Yom Tov I have so much cooking and baking to do that I don't even want to think about heavy cleaning.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry