Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Craving the golden arches
1  2  Next

amother

Post Sun, Jan 13 2008, 1:35 pm
I am preggers and have a craving for a Big Mac and fries. (I am a BT, so even though I have not eaten that garbage in over 10 years, my taste buds have not forgotten). I have tried to imitate the recipe, but I am not getting even close. I was hoping the craving would go away, but it has been over two months. I dream of going throught the drive through a few nights a week. It is consuming me.

Does anyone know how to replicate the recipe. PLEASE help me.

Thank you.

Clarissa

Post Sun, Jan 13 2008, 1:42 pm
You can start by Googling. There are several sites out there that offer their versions of famous fast food recipes.

Here's one site, but there a bunch of them out there:

http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/home.asp

amother

Post Sun, Jan 13 2008, 1:55 pm
I have the sauce pretty close. It's the burgers I have a problem with.

I have tried to make them as thin as I can, but they still taste like home made burgers. The McDonalds burgers have a more cardboard like taste. I am craving the cardboard.

I have tried a google search, but every link I found says to use plain ground beef. There must be something else. Maybe the preservatives, some fillers (even though the wrappers say 100% ground beef).

momtomany

Post Sun, Jan 13 2008, 1:59 pm
why dont you try grinding the beef thinner. like a puree almost. then it should come out smoother, and thinner.

technic

Post Sun, Jan 13 2008, 2:02 pm
why not simply grind some cardboard and chuck it in???

when I was a young slip of a thing, there was a pizza joint in jerus that was well-known 4 the quality (or lack thereof) of its pizza - we all knew 2 throw away the pizza and eat the cardboard!!! LOL

faigie

Post Sun, Jan 13 2008, 3:05 pm
'why not simply grind some cardboard and chuck it in???'
..oh now it all makes sense, you arent craving the beef, its the xtra fiber from the cardboard that youre craving!!

micki

Post Sun, Jan 13 2008, 3:33 pm
try the aarons best burgers the beef ones, they taste a bit cardboardy Smile

technic

Post Sun, Jan 13 2008, 4:05 pm
LOL

technic

Post Sun, Jan 13 2008, 4:08 pm
who would have thought that could be a selling point - cant u just see the ads???

"aarons best burgers - when ur craving cardboard, nothing else will do!!!"

Ribbie Danzinger

Post Sun, Jan 13 2008, 4:11 pm
How about last years matzah's?

technic

Post Sun, Jan 13 2008, 4:13 pm
shes already covered them in silver foil and turned them in2 platters 4 THIS years mm!!!! LOL

Ribbie Danzinger

Post Sun, Jan 13 2008, 4:18 pm
And I was looking everywhere for kosher for Pesach cardboard with a good hechsher for my kosher lepesach shlach monos! What a wonderful idea! Now I can relax and make my blintzes for Shavuos.

technic

Post Sun, Jan 13 2008, 4:25 pm
id offer 2 help but dh has got me sorting out sukka decorations Wink

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Jan 13 2008, 4:41 pm
Amother, with enouogh ketchup & pickles, the taste of the burgers don't matter ... I'd like to replicate the fries though !!!!!

shalhevet

Post Sun, Jan 13 2008, 4:49 pm
technic wrote:
shes already covered them in silver foil and turned them in2 platters 4 THIS years mm!!!! LOL

That's it! Tech, you're brilliant. I was in such a panic (the English kind, not the American phrase). Rosh Chodesh Shvat gone by and I didn't yet have a theme (in non-leap years I decide by erev Chanuka).
So the theme is Pesach. I will dress my children as goitas (sorry:error), cleaning gals (another censored error)/ well anyway something with brooms and brushes and soap.
The mm is last year's matzas (shmura of course, and I might even be able to come up with some hand-baked for the mehadrin min hamehadrin. Hope they don't have too much animal life inside.) And of course potatoes and a hard-boiled egg. Next year I can switch the theme and give out eggs and a boiled potato. The super original container is a used matza box (if there wasn't wildlife in the matzas, this might do it).

(And Ribbie and technic, you had me ROFL).

technic

Post Sun, Jan 13 2008, 4:55 pm
and ROFL is where uve just put ME!!!! LOL

mamacita

Post Mon, Jan 14 2008, 4:21 am
I think the trick is leaving it out under a warmer for hours. Tongue Out

I totally think the idea of kosher l'pesach shaloch manos is brilliant! For years I wondered what kind of cruel joke it was to flood people with chametz a few weeks for pesach. gah!

mali

Post Mon, Jan 14 2008, 6:03 am
Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter
Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter
Thanks everyone!

mamacita wrote:
I totally think the idea of kosher l'pesach shaloch manos is brilliant! For years I wondered what kind of cruel joke it was to flood people with chametz a few weeks for pesach. gah!
Well, that's one thing Haman got away with. He chose Adar because he knew the Jews might win, so he said that at least they won't be able to celebrate too much with Pesach just a month away. But he didn't know he'll be dealing with efficient Imamothers who'll solve the problem so creatively!

BeershevaBubby

Post Mon, Jan 14 2008, 6:09 am
Why not go to your local Kosher fast food joint and get one of their burgers and just add the sauce?

Or you could come here to Israel for some Kosher BigMacs...

technic

Post Mon, Jan 14 2008, 7:05 am
mali wrote:
But he didn't know he'll be dealing with efficient Imamothers who'll solve the problem so creatively!

and so blooming far in advance!!!! shock
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics