Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Tamarack Hills bungalow colony

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 19 2019, 6:36 pm
There's a new bungalow colony called Tamarack Hills that's supposed to be opening next summer, adjacent to Greenfield Meadows. I may have an option to join, but I'm a little nervous since I don't know much about it or the crowd going there.

Since it's been under construction for a few years, I'm hoping that maybe somebody here knows some of the people going there (or maybe you're going there yourself!). If anyone has any info about the crowd - age, where they live, socioeconomic, religious - and the colony itself - location, quality of construction - I'd be greatly appreciative.

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Dec 19 2019, 11:28 pm
A close family member of mine bought there. It's definitely more of an upper class colony with wealthier families joining. Balabatish crowd in the 35-50 range.... A lot of ppl from Lakewood but not all! They're luxurious summer homes with all the frills.... Location is great less than 10 min to Woodridge and ellenville.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 10:36 am
Thanks so much for the info. From your knowledge and impression of the crowd, would you say it's likely to be more cliquey or more warm and cohesive? Part of my apprehension is that it seems that many (most?) of those going bought together with a number of other family members and close friends.

I would say that a few of the ladies going there are casual acquaintances, but nothing more, so I'm a little nervous about going to a place where I'm not part of the crowd if the crowd is the type that's inclined to keep to themselves. A couple summers ago we went to a different colony where it seemed that most people were related, and it's bad enough that I didn't have much of a social scene, but my kids really felt left out after camp finished, and I don't want to repeat that again.

Also, as far as the demographics, the few that I know are from Flatbush. Would you say it's mostly a Lakewood crowd? And how yeshivish are those that you know who are going?

Thanks for all your help, this is a major decision for us, and I want to get it right! And if anyone else has any information about the colony, I'd be extremely grateful to hear it.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 23 2019, 10:24 am
Bump - any more info, from Ruby or anyone else?

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Dec 23 2019, 10:42 am
It's very hard to know if it will be the cliquey type but the ppl I know are all very nice friendly yeshivish, down to earth ppl... Some from Lakewood and some from Brooklyn. Some live more simple but there are quite a few more wealthy ppl too
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics