Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Is Cancun ok now? Ok so where CAN I go?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 9:30 am
Looking for SOMEPLACE to go in August iyh. Is there anywhere that has a beach, kosher food, minyan but is NOT a hotspot now and won't require quarantine when we get back?

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 9:45 am
The question I ask myself: would I want to get sick (and gd forbid hospitalized) in that country? For me, the answer is no. I wouldn’t leave the country. My insurance is only good in the US and I don’t speak Spanish. It would be terrifying and perhaps financially devastating (health ramifications aside) for me to get sick in Mexico.

I’d stay really local. What about the jersey shore? Or Long Beach? Look into the quarantine requirements (if any) in Maine, Delaware or Rhode Island

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 10:02 am
Pa

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 10:07 am
I'm assuming you are traveling from the United States, correct?

Will your insurance company cover you if you get sick there? Would you want to rely on local medical care? Also, there's always the danger that flights may be cancelled and borders closed without warning.

I can't see that it's a smart choice.

Amarante

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 11:19 am
I think there isn't travel permitted to Mexico for non-essential reasons.

Beyond this, as others have posted, I would not willing get on an airplane and stay in a hotel and be in a situation in which I was in the company of many people. It wouldn't seem like a relaxing experience. I would do a staycation and save my money to take a fabulous vacation next year when (hopefully) there isn't a pandemic.

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 11:22 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
The question I ask myself: would I want to get sick (and gd forbid hospitalized) in that country? For me, the answer is no. I wouldn’t leave the country. My insurance is only good in the US and I don’t speak Spanish. It would be terrifying and perhaps financially devastating (health ramifications aside) for me to get sick in Mexico.

I’d stay really local. What about the jersey shore? Or Long Beach? Look into the quarantine requirements (if any) in Maine, Delaware or Rhode Island

Delaware beaches are having an outbreak now. The governor has asked everyone to get tested and they are being really strict about wearing masks on the beaches. Not sure about quarantine.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 3:07 pm
Ok. Thanks for that perspective.

I understand those that say stay home for now, but I need to get away. Especially if there is talk of a second wave chas veshalom, I can't go back to that if I don't take care of myself a bit more first.

So now the question becomes, where CAN I go?

Not just a name of a city, looking for a specific hotel or accommodation that can work.

I am particular so I like high end hotels.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 3:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I understand those that say stay home for now, but I need to get away. Especially if there is talk of a second wave chas veshalom, I can't go back to that if I don't take care of myself a bit more first.

Not just a name of a city, looking for a specific hotel or accommodation that can work.

Hugs! The prospect of not being able to recharge as you usually do must be stressful.
Is it at all possible that you can find other ways to recharge? Day spas or whatever is available locally, regular massage, moving furniture/light decorating? Kosher yoga? USA touring to places you've never been, or would like to revisit?

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 3:28 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

There are nice hotels in Long Branch, NJ on the beach.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 3:32 pm
Thanks for your understanding and not just making me feel like I'm acting spoiled.

Prinkfridge I'm fine with US, looking for specific suggestions.

Longbranch is a consideration, but it is nearby so doesn't feel like so much of a getaway. Also, in the summer, it feels very city like.

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 3:36 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Go to myakoba, Mexico. I think you fly into cancun. Chef chaya just went there to the banyan tree resort. It looks like they are taking safety precautions.

I know most people are saying not to go, but it's your choice. If you've already had the virus then definitely go now before your immunity wears off.

And of course, know that you are taking a calculated risk and be OK with it.

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 4:13 pm
If you’re accustomed to high end check out KMR. Vail is gorgeous

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 6:35 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
Go to myakoba, Mexico. I think you fly into cancun. Chef chaya just went there to the banyan tree resort. It looks like they are taking safety precautions.

I know most people are saying not to go, but it's your choice. If you've already had the virus then definitely go now before your immunity wears off.

I was going to post this

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 6:39 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
If you’re accustomed to high end check out KMR. Vail is gorgeous

There is a five night minimum and I cant get away for that long. But thanks! I didn't realize they were even putting something together.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 6:40 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:

This is my backup plan. Would love to see if there are better options.

Thanks for the encouragement

Batsheva1

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 7:01 pm
Woodloch in Pa?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics