Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Molluscum treatment in Monticello

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 8:27 pm
I just noticed two or three molluscum on DC’s arm. I want them removed immediately. Where can I go in or near Monticello?

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 10:01 pm
One of the best treatments I've heard of, is to cut pieces of duct tape, and keep the spots covered at all times.

1. It will keep your child from scratching the spots and spreading them.

2. It starves them of oxygen, and they will shrivel up and die. The healthy skin will not be harmed.

Most doctors will say to just leave them alone, and they will go away on their own - in 2 to 3 years! At least try the tape while you are looking for a dermatologist.

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 10:03 pm
I've tried everything, nothing worked! It needs to heal on it's own and can take years. It can't be removed.
Warts can be removed, maybe she has that?

imabima

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 10:26 pm
I took a q-tip dipped in apple cider vinegar and dotted them a few times a day and they went away.

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 11:21 pm
You can probably go to any doctor. Go to ODA medical center.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 11:50 pm
Thanks!
I definitely won’t just leave them be- they are extremely contagious, and I think DC caught them from a kid who’s mom’s plan was to leave them be.
I’ll start with apple cider vinegar, and I’ll go to ODA tomorrow.

smilethere1

Post Tue, Aug 18 2020, 11:57 pm
Zymaderm works well. But you must be consistent to apply it twice a day. Get it on Amazon.

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Aug 19 2020, 12:00 am
Yes we left it for over a year, every time doctor said there is nothing we can do
Beginning of this summer we took apple cider vinegar with the mother, dapped molluscum with qtip and then put bandaid over night
They were all gone within two weeks bh! (First they blew up which was a great sign that the apple cider vinegar is working)

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Aug 19 2020, 12:33 am
Hi, another molluscum mom here. I’m going to try the apple cider vinegar! My pediatrician told us to dab acne treatment on each one. It dries them up and they fall off, but too much can damage the skin. Doc said to do it every day. I think once every other day would be good.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics