Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Freaking out! Expenses for new season!
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 2:06 pm
Please please please!
I need coats/shoes/boots/ clothing/tights . For 4 girls.
Where could I get affordable things? Online.
The girls I could manage some weekday things from one to the other. I need 1 matching outfit for Yom tov ( sorry, I don’t want them to be seen as funny, in my community matching is a big thing, and no I’m not moving out). They do have 1 matching outfit for sundays.
And then winter gear as everything got destroyed from last year. I bought some cheap things and I regret it.
School shoes?
Is there a uniform gemach in Monsey?
Then I need a snow suit for a baby boy, I’m due soon.

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 2:08 pm
You really have nothing to pass on between four girls?

acemom

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 2:10 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:

Not OP but I found that if I buy cheap stuff to begin with, they usually barely last the season. The hand-me-downs are usually more expensive stuff.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 2:18 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:

I did write that some things ll be able to pass on.
The 2 older ones are the same size. Weekday things they share, they need uniforms and shoes. Tights don’t last. They both outgrew their boots from last year. Those boots I’m putting away for the 2 younger girls, they are too big for this year.
I bought cheap winter things last year and nothing survived.

Malkqueen

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 2:24 pm
I have an snowsuit for a boy in excellent condition. PM me if you're interested. Located in Brooklyn.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 2:29 pm
My sil has 4 girls and does really well on Shein.com
Her kids are always matching and she pays bubkas for each outfit.

little neshamala

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 2:32 pm
Yup, shein is great and free returns for the first return of each order

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 2:39 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
My sil has 4 girls and does really well on Shein.com
Her kids are always matching and she pays bubkas for each outfit.

Shein is disposable junk. For cheap clothing, check out tottini.com. I got adorable things. They sell out fast so buy early. I also do very well at h&m and their quality is great.
Bingo is getting in their shoe line on Sunday, everything is $45. Hopscotch shoes is running a warehouse sale now on 11 Perlman Drive. All shoes $35. Venezziani shoes on Union Road is also cheaper priced. Regarding uniform, call the school to ask if they have a gemach. Many schools have one run by a parent. Good luck!!

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 3:14 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
Shein is disposable junk. For cheap clothing, check out tottini.com. I got adorable things. They sell out fast so buy early. I also do very well at h&m and their quality is great.
Bingo is getting in their shoe line on Sunday, everything is $45. Hopscotch shoes is running a warehouse sale now on 11 Perlman Drive. All shoes $35. Venezziani shoes on Union Road is also cheaper priced. Regarding uniform, call the school to ask if they have a gemach. Many schools have one run by a parent. Good luck!!

One persons junk is another persons treasures (mine)

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 3:23 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:

I'm actually being in Monsey today, do you know the hours of the warehouse sale? Or Venezziani hours?

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 3:29 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
I'm actually being in Monsey today, do you know the hours of the warehouse sale?

From 4-7. My neighbor waited 2 hours there!

naomi2

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 3:38 pm
I know there are down winter coats with fur collars that people are happy with from Ali Express. I think betweencarpools has a link

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 3:41 pm
naomi2 wrote:
I know there are down winter coats with fur collars that people are happy with from Ali Express. I think betweencarpools has a link

I checked them out, they're not cheap. They're starting at $60-$75 and up. They're copies from brand name $600 coats.
I heard Ali is not delivering to the US now. Can anyone confirm if this is true?

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 3:55 pm
What school are ur girls in? Most have gemachs.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 4:13 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
I checked them out, they're not cheap. They're starting at $60-$75 and up. They're copies from brand name $600 coats.
I heard Ali is not delivering to the US now. Can anyone confirm if this is true?

Some stores on Ali are still closed. Some are not delivering to the US (or Israel). Some stores are shipping worldwide, but you pay a lot for shipping. Some deliver worldwide, shipping is free but the price of the clothing is higher. You have to do your research.

Because of Covid, stores are running on minimum staff, so shipping takes much longer than usual. They don't have enough people to pack the orders quickly, or to manage the stock, so don't order if you need things by a certain time.

China is FAR from "back to normal".

Ebay is a good source for coats, if you are not needing them all to match. Burlington Coat Factory often has really good deals, and good quality.

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 4:18 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
I'm actually being in Monsey today, do you know the hours of the warehouse sale? Or Venezziani hours?

My sister went to the warehouse sale now, they're closed today and tomorrow to reorganize.
Venezziani is open daily from 1-7 and Fridays from 11-2. You can see their selection on Instagram.

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 4:19 pm
I asked my sister n law that's an avid Ali shopper about shipping, she says Ali is shipping out but the US is not letting in.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 4:23 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
What school are ur girls in? Most have gemachs.

I actually live in BP. I’m in Monsey because I have a summer job and I stay by my mother for free, and I get free day camp. So I would like to look around.
My girls go to skver in Boro park. They need navy jumper and white/navy checked shirt.

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 4:24 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Please please please!
I need coats/shoes/boots/ clothing/tights . For 4 girls.
Where could I get affordable things? Online.
The girls I could manage some weekday things from one to the other. I need 1 matching outfit for Yom tov ( sorry, I don’t want them to be seen as funny, in my community matching is a big thing, and no I’m not moving out). They do have 1 matching outfit for sundays.
And then winter gear as everything got destroyed from last year. I bought some cheap things and I regret it.
School shoes?
Is there a uniform gemach in Monsey?
Then I need a snow suit for a baby boy, I’m due soon.

B'shaa tova.

IMNSHO, don't worry about boots and coats yet. They'll go on sale before you need them.

I'd also go light on uniforms until we see where we are in October.

Can't help with stores. My older DD is starting college, and younger is in high school, so I'm well beyond that.

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 4:33 pm
What makes this year different than other years? where did you shop then?
it's funny, there's such a shopping frenzy this year, all the ladies in my bungalow colony are frantically shopping. I'm sitting here rolling my eyes at everyone.
I'm lucky I don't have girls!!! Very Happy
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics