Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Freaking out! Expenses for new season!
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Seafoam

Post Sat, Aug 22 2020, 3:14 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Some stores on Ali are still closed. Some are not delivering to the US (or Israel). Some stores are shipping worldwide, but you pay a lot for shipping. Some deliver worldwide, shipping is free but the price of the clothing is higher. You have to do your research.

Because of Covid, stores are running on minimum staff, so shipping takes much longer than usual. They don't have enough people to pack the orders quickly, or to manage the stock, so don't order if you need things by a certain time.

China is FAR from "back to normal".

Ebay is a good source for coats, if you are not needing them all to match. Burlington Coat Factory often has really good deals, and good quality.

I live in Israel and made an Ali order and it came within 2 weeks and I’ve heard the same from lots of people!
The orders are coming faster than normal now (to Israel anyway...)

Another mom

Post Sat, Aug 22 2020, 5:24 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
Shein is disposable junk. For cheap clothing, check out tottini.com. I got adorable things. They sell out fast so buy early. I also do very well at h&m and their quality is great.
Bingo is getting in their shoe line on Sunday, everything is $45. Hopscotch shoes is running a warehouse sale now on 11 Perlman Drive. All shoes $35. Venezziani shoes on Union Road is also cheaper priced. Regarding uniform, call the school to ask if they have a gemach. Many schools have one run by a parent. Good luck!!

I also felt that Shein could do much better... feels cheap.... once I'm ordering from overseas I prefer NEXT

Ruchel

Post Sat, Aug 22 2020, 5:40 pm
I don't plan to buy new stuff especially. I would not bother with expensive if you wash clothes more often. I have passed down supermarket stuff

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 1:58 am
Op
What sizes do you need?
I would check poshmark for coats, school shoes and boots -those don't need to match right? - look for new w/tags in typical companies that you like, its takes time but totally worth it
here is brand new with tags ventini loafers for 20$ - perfect school shoes
https://poshmark.com/listing/G.....1cd10

for shabbos outfits try kidichic, h and m, zara

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 2:38 am
Cheap snowsuit options for the baby all under 20$ and from good quality brands

https://poshmark.com/listing/C.....30feb
https://poshmark.com/listing/C.....2d14f

For shabbos this could be cute with a matching cardigan and tights, and the cardigan can double as a school sweater - it's 40$ compared to the 80$ stuff in the frum stores
https://www.zara.com/us/en/flo.....38335

This one can be added to if necessary - it's only 23$ so I would buy an extra dress for fabric
https://www.vertbaudet.com/en/.....p;t=1

this could be cute with a gray cardigan and grey trim added on the bottom for length

Good quality cardigan for cheap - but check poshmark too - could be you can find even cheaper
https://www.vertbaudet.com/en/.....p;t=1

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 3:25 am
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
Sorry if off topic, but I'm very curious where you live that EVERYONE matches. I'm from Williamsburg and moved to Monsey. In neither community does EVERYONE match.

I doubt she meant literally EVERYONE, but majority of families do have at least 1 matching set for shabbos and weekday.

Quote:
op says she lives in Boro park

She was quoting a different poster.

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 7:36 am
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
I asked my sister n law that's an avid Ali shopper about shipping, she says Ali is shipping out but the US is not letting in.

I've been getting my Ali deliveries.

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 7:53 am
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
Shein is disposable junk. For cheap clothing, check out tottini.com. I got adorable things. They sell out fast so buy early. I also do very well at h&m and their quality is great.
Bingo is getting in their shoe line on Sunday, everything is $45. Hopscotch shoes is running a warehouse sale now on 11 Perlman Drive. All shoes $35. Venezziani shoes on Union Road is also cheaper priced. Regarding uniform, call the school to ask if they have a gemach. Many schools have one run by a parent. Good luck!!
Does anyone in BP run such shoe sales?!

southernbubby

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 8:16 am
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
Does anyone in BP run such shoe sales?!

Bingo is now a chain so why would the Monsey store have shoes but not the Boro Park? In Monsey, the shoes will be on sale in Bingo tomorrow. I was in the store yesterday when it wasn't crowded and they had some of the sample shoes under plexiglass. They look to be sturdy, stylish and cute but I don't think that they can have an extensive selection in the space available. It will probably drive up the crowd size so I personally won't be able to shop there until probably after the Yomim Tovim. I used the opportunity to stock up.
Bottom line, see if Boro Park has the same thing as Monsey. The ad says that they are $40.

momX4

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 8:18 am
I found shabbos dresses at Kiddi Chic in the past that were really affordable. Children's outlet near Evergreen and Designers Spot by the Atrium are also good options.

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 10:29 am
southernbubby wrote:
Bingo is now a chain so why would the Monsey store have shoes but not the Boro Park? In Monsey, the shoes will be on sale in Bingo tomorrow. I was in the store yesterday when it wasn't crowded and they had some of the sample shoes under plexiglass. They look to be sturdy, stylish and cute but I don't think that they can have an extensive selection in the space available. It will probably drive up the crowd size so I personally won't be able to shop there until probably after the Yomim Tovim. I used the opportunity to stock up.
Bottom line, see if Boro Park has the same thing as Monsey. The ad says that they are $40.
Thanks. I already bought my kids the expensive shoes 🤪 I get anxious from crowds so maybe it’s worth the extra $$
Sad wish I didn’t have to choose

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 12:21 pm
Gemach for skver uniforms Rosenbaum 718-963-2478

bsy

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 1:06 pm
For shoes, I buy previous seasons on sale. There are several shoe stores upstate that have all sizes and seasons. I do very well there. Most expensive is usually 45ish, some cheaper.

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 1:18 pm
bsy wrote:
For shoes, I buy previous seasons on sale. There are several shoe stores upstate that have all sizes and seasons. I do very well there. Most expensive is usually 45ish, some cheaper.
I ask for those in BP but don’t get. Can you give me info of these sales for next year? I go upstate for some weekends.

bsy

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 1:50 pm
I ask for those in BP but don’t get. Can you give me info of these sales for next year? I go upstate for some weekends.

Theres royal family shoes in loch sheldrake. They have a man fitting shoes and he's very good. Theres moonwalk in fallsburg on the main street and a shoe in in woodbourne on minute street. Those 2 dont usually have fitters, you just pick yourself.

All are open all summer.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 1:56 pm

In BP the stores don't sell last season. They put things on sale at the end of a season. For last years styles when you need them for a new season you can go to La Elegante on 42 & 13. Or check out the outdoor rack outside 14th Ave Shoe Center (they have limited sizes, only works if you happen to find a shoe you like in your kids size. They also don't provide fittings).

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 2:46 pm
Solid shoes in wmsbg runs a sale, right before season starts, sometimes you are lucky to find your size & a shoe which can go all year round & not so seasonal.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics