Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Help me find nice good quality clothing...

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 07 2020, 5:41 pm
For a short DH. 28" pants length and he won't wear dress pants only cotton. Every pair of cotton pants washes out within a few months. Where do I find nice tailored cotton pants? Black only. I've tried all the typical brands you'd find in Macy's and other department stores. Please tell me where to look? He wants only the most comfortable clothing but also wants neat and put together. Not skin tight but not baggy.

yamz

Post Wed, Oct 07 2020, 5:50 pm
I don't have a brand suggestion for you. I hear your frustration and I have experienced the same problem with cotton pants. They always fade. The only suggestion I have is, if you aren't already, hang the pants to dry. I find that they fade much more quickly if you throw them in the dryer.

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Oct 07 2020, 5:52 pm
They’re very expensive, but have you tried the lululemon pants?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 07 2020, 6:25 pm
yamz wrote:
I don't have a brand suggestion for you. I hear your frustration and I have experienced the same problem with cotton pants. They always fade. The only suggestion I have is, if you aren't already, hang the pants to dry. I find that they fade much more quickly if you throw them in the dryer.

I do but thank you!

ra_mom

Post Wed, Oct 07 2020, 6:39 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
For a short DH. 28" pants length and he won't wear dress pants only cotton. Every pair of cotton pants washes out within a few months. Where do I find nice tailored cotton pants? Black only. I've tried all the typical brands you'd find in Macy's and other department stores. Please tell me where to look? He wants only the most comfortable clothing but also wants neat and put together. Not skin tight but not baggy.

Woven cotton pants fade. Sad Would he wear stretch dress pants that are more comfortable?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 07 2020, 6:54 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Woven cotton pants fade. Sad Would he wear stretch dress pants that are more comfortable?

I've tried a van heusen one that was okay. Thanks! Do you have any brands to recommend that are for shorter men? We've done a lot of shortening and tailoring but the legs are never slim enough.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Oct 07 2020, 6:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I've tried a van heusen one that was okay. Thanks! Do you have any brands to recommend that are for shorter men? We've done a lot of shortening and tailoring but the legs are never slim enough.

You can try something like this.
https://www.express.com/clothi.....D_BwE

Or the extra slim.
https://www.express.com/clothi.....lack/

Last edited by ra_mom on Wed, Oct 07 2020, 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Oct 07 2020, 6:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Get them tapered.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 07 2020, 6:58 pm
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
Get them tapered.

Tried that at a good tailor. It's not the same as pants that are made for the right size.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 07 2020, 7:02 pm
ra_mom wrote:
You can try something like this.
https://www.express.com/clothi.....D_BwE

Or the extra slim.
https://www.express.com/clothi.....lack/

Thanks ra mom! They must be popular, looks like they're sold out. Smile

dankbar

Post Wed, Oct 07 2020, 7:05 pm
My son is very slim & gets custom pants for shabbos/dressy ( they are not woven cotton) so they fit him.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Oct 07 2020, 7:09 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks ra mom! They must be popular, looks like they're sold out. Smile

Maybe get them in the 30 length just to see if they work for him. And then you can keep your eyes peeled for when they bring them back in his correct length.

avrahamama

Post Wed, Oct 07 2020, 7:25 pm
My besties husband is a petite fellow. She buys him the uniqlo brand dress pants. Apparently they feel like sweatpants.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 07 2020, 7:40 pm
dankbar wrote:
My son is very slim & gets custom pants for shabbos/dressy ( they are not woven cotton) so they fit him.

Where where where

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 07 2020, 7:41 pm
avrahamama wrote:
My besties husband is a petite fellow. She buys him the uniqlo brand dress pants. Apparently they feel like sweatpants.

Thanks I'll look into it!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics