Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Would you leave for 15 minutes?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

sub

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 9:15 pm
NO!!!!!!!!!
Not even with a monitor.

Blessing1

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 9:16 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I managed to plug in the monitor and Im leaving it by a neighbor.

Oy. If you even thought it's ok to leave a child alone, I hope you're not doing other dangerous things and that your child is safe at home with you.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 9:17 pm
Rolling Eyes You're all so gullible, this is definitely fake

silverlining3

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 9:19 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
Monitors do not detect smoke or fire.
Monitors are meant for you to listen in on a child if they are a few rooms away, not a few blocks away.
Never ever go away leaving a toddler alone for 15 minutes. If you went to take the garbage out or wait for your child’s school bus and your toddler is in the crib , I would say it’s probably ok. But to go to an appointment , no matter what or where...absolutely not.

[Monitors do not detect smoke or fire.

My biggest fear.

Personally, whenever I babysit a next door neighbors sleeping child with a monitor, I always always, around once in every half hour, go into the house to make sure everything is intact.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 9:20 pm
Chill everyone I didnt think its ok but I have this appointment that cant be pushed off and really needed this to work out. Ive gone in front of the house for a few minutes and it was fine. Was just curious what others would say.

Why is a monitor not ok???

gold21

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 9:21 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
Really? What is there to be educated about? Educate me.
It’s animal instinct for a mother never to leave her babies. WTH.

Hard to explain

A lot of people in this world just follow their peer group blindly

So if something is considered what's acceptable in their world, they'll do it too

Common sense is in short supply these days, and this cuts across religious spectrums

Education helps expand the mind, I guess

gold21

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 9:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Chill everyone I didnt think its ok but I have this appointment that cant be pushed off and really needed this to work out. Ive gone in front of the house for a few minutes and it was fine. Was just curious what others would say.

Just ask a neighbor to babysit
It's a quick trip

My4Jewels

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 9:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Oh well silly us!! You didn’t think it was ok but you’d do it anyways.. ok got it makes sense to me now 🙄

Why is a monitor not ok? Because there are things that can happen that won’t be detected by the monitor. Why can’t your neighbor come over if it’s such a short time anyways?

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 9:24 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

So here’s Chazaras Hashiur:
1. If there’s a fire your neighbour won’t know.
2. If child has difficulty breathing.
3. If there’s a break in
4. If child gets up in empty house
5. If monitor breaks
To name a few......

Blessing1

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 9:25 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

If you didn't think it was OK, why did you even ask the question? It's alarming that the thought of leaving a kid alone entered your mind. A sheitel macher appointment isn't an emergency that can't be pushed off....

sub

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 9:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Don’t tell us to chill.
Did you read the story about the child whose crib was on fire and didn’t cry because the pacifier was melted to his lips?
Monitors only work if you also physically check on child. They only work if an adult Is in the same house.
A sheitel appt is never only 15 minutes. And around the corner is not close enough to leave a toddler alone with a monitor.

sub

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 9:31 pm
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
Rolling Eyes You're all so gullible, this is definitely fake

No, just no. This is not a joking matter.

going-up

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 9:47 pm
A safe child versus pretty sheital...hmmm what a dilemma....

(Sarcasm)

If your sheital is that important take your toddle with you or hire a babysitter, have your neighbor babysit. A monitor is not a human replacement, it has no concept of safety and responsibility. Accidents happen in a matter of second/minutes and not always noisily.

avrahamama

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 10:00 pm
I'll admit I have been tempted to run and pick up a child from school (2 blocks away but like 1 min drive in my small town) while baby naps...

And the likelihood of a fire or that's stuff isn't what occured to me.

For me it was ...

What if I fall and need immediate medical care?

What if I get in a car accident?

What if I get pulled over? "Excuse me officer can we hurry this up I left my baby home"

What if my mom surprises me at home and then chaps that I left the sleeping baby alone.

It's just never worth it when I do the cost benefit analysis.

causemommysaid

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 10:02 pm
ask your neighbor to watch the baby for two minutes and go get ur shaitel. it will be washed and set but not done on your head. Its ok. It just wont be perfect.

ExtraCredit

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 10:16 pm
I would NOT leave a toddler home alone while awake or asleep and go away from the house to do an errand even if it’s 3.5 minutes. But I had this question in the past when I needed to wait for a bus and had a baby napping bus time. I lived a flight down. Child can be anywhere between newborn-3 years old. Buses can sometimes be 15+ minutes late. WWYD?

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 10:20 pm
As someone who has only lived places with carpooling, it's a no-brainer. Too bad on a napping baby when carpool time arrives...

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 10:21 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
So here’s Chazaras Hashiur:
1. If there’s a fire your neighbour won’t know.
2. If child has difficulty breathing.
3. If there’s a break in
4. If child gets up in empty house
5. If monitor breaks
To name a few......

1. She lives in my building so yes she would know
2. Even if I was home I wouldnt know and she has a monitor to listen for anything
3. Again shes in my building
4. He doesnt climb out
5. I asked her to call me if anything happens and Ill run home

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 10:24 pm
I thought your appointment was imminent? Your monitor was plugged in and ready to go, no?

Yet you are still here on the internet arguing? Wink

Next time pick an older controversy.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 10:27 pm
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
I thought your appointment was imminent? Your monitor was plugged in and ready to go, no?

Yet you are still here on the internet arguing? Wink

Next time pick an older controversy.

Lol I went and Im back and everythings good Smile
Page 2 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics