Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Would you leave for 15 minutes?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

My4Jewels

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 10:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
1. She lives in my building so yes she would know
2. Even if I was home I wouldnt know and she has a monitor to listen for anything
3. Again shes in my building
4. He doesnt climb out
5. I asked her to call me if anything happens and Ill run home

3) what does a break in sound like on a monitor? How about a kidnapping? What’s the sound of that ?
4) you want the first time he does to be when you’re not home?
5)ok it’s clear now .. so she’ll call you if she hears your baby climb out, throwing up and possibly choking on their vomit or being kidnapped

Makes sense to me by all means enjoy your Sheitel

lucky14

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 10:34 pm
Is anyone else annoyed that you can't figure out if this is real or not? In my world no one would ever do such a thing.

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 10:35 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
1. She lives in my building so yes she would know
2. Even if I was home I wouldnt know and she has a monitor to listen for anything
3. Again shes in my building
4. He doesnt climb out
5. I asked her to call me if anything happens and Ill run home

1. If a fire breaks out in your apartment, someone in another apartment won't know immediately.
2. Choking doesn't make much noise
3. See #1
4. There's a first time for everything.
5. How will your neighbor know if the monitor is broken? If you can leave and run home, just stay home in the first place.

Toddlers can get into a lot of trouble very quickly. And what if something happens to you while you're out and you can't return home?

This is a terrible idea.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 10:36 pm
I never knew that leaving a baby alone with a monitor was a "thing", until I came onto Imamother.

I also never knew it was OK to leave a baby in a carriage parked out on the sidewalk while you shop.

I am absolutely disgusted with the lack of common sense and parenting skills. WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?

I'm more careful with my dog than some people are with their kids. Mad

This should probably be a spin off, but it makes me wonder - if you spent 5 years of fertility treatments in order to have this child, would you be so casual about making sure you child was safe - or would you be treating this child like the G-d given treasure that they are?

I davened for 20 years before I was able to adopt DD. She never even saw a babysitter until she was 5 years old, because I never left her side. Even then, she was only babysat by close relatives, maybe once or twice a year at the most.

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 10:44 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
So here’s Chazaras Hashiur:
1. If there’s a fire your neighbour won’t know.
2. If child has difficulty breathing.
3. If there’s a break in
4. If child gets up in empty house
5. If monitor breaks
To name a few......

How do you sleep at night in a different room? If your child has difficulty breathing and you are fast asleep, how would you know? If theres a break in and you're fast asleep how would you know unless they make a lot of noise? If your child climbs out of crib in middle of night for first time.... then what?
Fire is the only thing I'd be scared of here. That's a good reason. But What are the chances of fire breaking out out of the blue?
I wouldn't leave my baby home alone but these answers are a little crazy.

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 11:00 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
But What are the chances of fire breaking out out of the blue?

Of all the house fires that ever happened in the world, approximately 0% of them were planned. You don’t know if/when you’ll be hit. We had a fire. It was a horrific traumatic experience that I never wish on anyone.

amother
Black

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 11:06 pm
Easy come easy go. This is obviously a naturally conceived child.

OP Gd has entrusted you with the life of a tiny person who can not care for himself. Don’t shirk your responsibility.

Blessing1

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 11:13 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Lol I went and Im back and everythings good Smile

It's not funny. It is very concerning that you find humor in the situation. I hope your home is a safe environment for your child.

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 11:23 pm
This is not the type of info that you tell anyone. Do it or don't and stay safe and keep your mouth shut.

doodlesmom

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 11:26 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
How do you sleep at night in a different room? If your child has difficulty breathing and you are fast asleep, how would you know? If theres a break in and you're fast asleep how would you know unless they make a lot of noise? If your child climbs out of crib in middle of night for first time.... then what?
Fire is the only thing I'd be scared of here. That's a good reason. But What are the chances of fire breaking out out of the blue?

A person has got to ask themselves if anything chv happens to my child will I be wracked with guilt that I did xyz...and if the answer is yes, then don’t do it.

If something happens to my child and I am around, then I did normal hishtadluz but if I left my child unattended then I wouldn’t handle the guilt.....that’s your answer and that’s the difference.

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 11:28 pm
Pretty sure it's illegal to do that

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 11:28 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:

This. Seriously, if your downstairs in the kitchen and your kid is upstairs sleeping, it's the exact same thing as a neighbor listening in on a monitor.

Except for a fire.

And everyone should have a fire alarm, which the neighbor would hear, same as you would hear if a fire broke out upstairs.

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 11:31 pm
I totally agree with all the other posters that this should not be done.

But here's the other part I don't get....why did you put your toddler in for a nap when you knew you had a sheitel appointment shortly?

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 11:32 pm
Chas Vsholem I would be sooo tense

zaq

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 11:32 pm
ARE YOU INSANE? OR JUST CRIMINALLY ST—er, CRIMINAL?

doodlesmom

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 11:33 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
This. Seriously, if your downstairs in the kitchen and your kid is upstairs sleeping, it's the exact same thing as a neighbor listening in on a monitor.

Except for a fire.

And everyone should have a fire alarm, which the neighbor would hear, same as you would hear if a fire broke out upstairs.

It’s not Unless it is.
I know people who lock their door while having people watch their kids.
If people can’t run to the next apt in their pjs then it will take a few minutes longer to get there.
A kid waking up in the middle of the night knows where to look for their mommy, even if there are 2 floors... but wouldn’t know about the neighbors....
And the list goes on.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 11:34 pm
I take along my sleeping baby to the bus stop
Eventhough I know the baby will still be asleep when I get back. Babies and little kids should never be left unattended.

kenz

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 11:34 pm
Does no one think OP wrote this just to get reactions? Please.

avrahamama

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 11:38 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:

Except for a fire.

It's not the same. A neighbor is multitasking and not exactly as hyper aware as a mother in the hime. She is also I'm another apt or house so she still needs to leave her kids? To go get yours....

Also in an emergency she has to let herself into your house and re-orient herself to a new space she isn't as familiar in.

It's not so simple. BH for all the times it's happened and without any issues. But it's not as simple as that ...

On the other hand a mom cooking in the kitchen may not be watching her kids. But she's their mom. Amd it's her home. Amd she knows what the energy in her home is supposed to feel/sound like.

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 11:40 pm
I’m op of the monitor thread. Maybe it’s my neighbor Wink
Page 3 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics