Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
Special challah flavors for R"H

elisecohen

Post Fri, Sep 23 2005, 11:42 am
Any ideas for special challahs for Rosh Hashanah? I'm thinking of using a really yummy ginger-spice egg bread recipe I have, and I got a recipe for an apple spice bread I've never tried before but looks good...but we need so many challahs for R"H and sukkos too--any other ideas?

DH hates raisins, so no raisin filled ideas, please (for us at least--if others are interested, throw in your 2 cents). Be well,

shoy18

Post Fri, Sep 23 2005, 12:18 pm
every purim my aunt puts sprinkles (not the long ones but the little balls) on the challah and they melt in the most delicious way and form like a candied crust, its simple to do bec its a regular challah recipe, but its so good dont know if your into all the SUGAR (gasp!) but its yummy

MMEC123

Post Fri, Sep 23 2005, 12:31 pm
My mother makes regular challah with chocolate chips since we never used to like raisins. What about craisins? Or I've seen people use a mixture of other dry fruits.

elisecohen

Post Fri, Sep 23 2005, 1:36 pm
Well as long as we're dipping in HONEY anyway, I'm not going to complain about a little extra sugar....and chocolate chips would definitely go over big here, too.

Keep the ideas coming!

Tefila

Post Fri, Sep 23 2005, 3:54 pm
Quote:
My mother makes regular challah with chocolate chips since we never used to like raisins.

Now thats something I'm gonna try Tongue Out

princessmommy

Post Sat, Sep 24 2005, 9:44 am
I put vanilla and brow sugar on top of mine. its really good.Or put honey into the cha\lla when shaping it.

Kumphort

Post Mon, Sep 26 2005, 7:58 am
cinn. & sugar.

Chanie

Post Mon, Sep 26 2005, 8:32 am
kbd has a recipe for cinnamon/sugar challah

HooRYou

Post Fri, Sep 30 2005, 4:09 am
I don't have a recipe for cinnamon/sugar challhs, but I do remember one year rolling out the challah strnds before braiding and sprinkle them with cinnamon sugar and then rolling them back into tubular strands before braiding. It was pretty yummy. I have also used assorted dried fruit. One year my momfound a combo package of dried cranberries, cherries and somehting else that was not raisins. I saved it for the Succos challahs, (we are usually away for R"H), and it was really special.

Tovah

Post Fri, Sep 30 2005, 6:36 am
I've put vaniella extract once it came out really good, but it tasted more like cake then challah.

shaina punim

Post Sun, Oct 02 2005, 4:09 pm
when my husband and I first got married I use to put chocolate chips in side and when I was brading it I put cinnamon and honey inside and on top so it was like a sticky bun
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus