Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Seminary girls planning mid-winter vacation

What are your plans for yeshiva week/midwinter vacation?
Absolutely nothing  
 75%  [ 41 ]
Some local activities  
 12%  [ 7 ]
Travel by car  
 5%  [ 3 ]
Travel by plane  
 5%  [ 3 ]
Visiting with family  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 54

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 7:38 am
1)My 18 year old daughter would like to plan a little getaway with her friends during winter break. would you allow 4-5 girls to go away on their own? where would be a good safe option?
2) as for my other kids, what’s the deal with travel this year during yeshiva week/winter break? Pls post if you or families you know are planning to go away or how you plan to spend yeshiva week/mid winter vacation.

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 8:05 am
At 18 there is no "allow". You could ask would you "encourage" or would you "finance".

I'm planning both local activities and visiting localish family. I voted local activities.

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 8:41 am
After chanukah my kids in 2 different schools told me that some of their classmates traveled and then came right back to school.

My college age dd will be going to Miami for her break.

Rappel

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 8:43 am
Bad timing. Lockdown begins on Sunday. Otherwise, there are plenty of hikes and national parks I'd recommend

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 8:44 am
My kids' winter breaks don't all overlap. So there's really no going away.

small bean

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 9:32 am
My boys don't have off. Im planning on a girl trip with my girls, sun-tues. I didn't decide where yet.

MommyM

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 10:23 am
If you're talking about seminary age girls, most of them are already away from home for the year and go away for off-Shabbos and vacations on their own, unless you're talking Covid-wise.

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 11:16 am
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
After chanukah my kids in 2 different schools told me that some of their classmates traveled and then came right back to school.

My college age dd will be going to Miami for her break.

So unethical and wrong. I guess people are just selfish.
Daven, learn Torah, dress Tznius, make dinner for kimpiturns, and keep chumras all you want, but I wonder how this impacts Hashems view of these people who don’t follow guidelines for other people’s safety?

agreer

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 1:08 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
At 18 there is no "allow". You could ask would you "encourage" or would you "finance".

I'm planning both local activities and visiting localish family. I voted local activities.

What does being 18 have to do with anything?

A parent can forbid a child at any age. We follow Halacha, not the non-Jewish way of thinking that an 18 year old is a full-fledged, independent adult.

A child must always obey, yes - OBEY, a parent unless it interferes with the performance of mitzvos or shalom bayis.

If an 18 year old wants to go on vacation and doesn't even ask, but the parent says she isn't allowed to go, then guess what. She can't go. She is not allowed to go.

If she defies her parents' wishes, she is in violation of one of the Aseres Hadibros.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics