Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
IEP bus service

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 3:30 pm
We live in Queens, and dear daughter has an IEP for an integrated class. Is it possible to get transportation to a brooklyn school that is further instead of a local queens school?

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 3:37 pm
I believe so. I dont have info on how to go about it. My daughter is in a special ed school and they provide bussing to all over.
Good luck

cnc

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 4:22 pm
Yes, depending on what kind of school you’re switching to . Is it a special ed school?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 4:45 pm
cnc wrote:
Yes, depending on what kind of school you’re switching to . Is it a special ed school?
yes, to a special ed school, they say they do not have bussing to our area, but I was wondering if the city would provide bussing.

cnc

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 6:17 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
yes, to a special ed school, they say they do not have bussing to our area, but I was wondering if the city would provide bussing.

Yes - but it’s a bit of a lengthy process. Are you using a lawyer to sue the DOE for tuition reimbursement?
You can PM me - I can try helping you.

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 9:02 pm
I might get such an IEP placement as well for my child. What schools in brooklyn have integrated classes?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 12:30 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
I might get such an IEP placement as well for my child. What schools in brooklyn have integrated classes?
is your child preschool or older. The only preschool that I found with an INTEGRATED class is strivright. For kindergarten and up there are more options, Ill have to look at my notes.

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 12:39 pm
For kindergarten age 5 plus. I would really appreciate it

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 12:49 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

AIUI, the DOE is obligated to provide a free and appropriate public education. They will provide transportation to that placement.

If the school you have chosen is not that placement, there's no obligation to provide transportation unless you can demonstrate that the selected placement is not appropriate (for reasons that have nothing to do with religion), and that the school you selected is the best placement.

My recommendation is that you contact an education attorney for a consultation.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 6:53 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
For kindergarten age 5 plus. I would really appreciate it
I couldn't find my notes with the list so I dont remember which schools have what, but these Are the schools that I looked into:

Eis Laasois
Yaled v’yelda
Yaldeinu
Gesher yehuda
Yess
HASC
Tiferes mordechai
Otsar

Shefa
Saini schools
Masterminds
info@mastermindsaba.org
718 370-3033

Stepping stones (in queens just incase you want to branch out, I herd good things about them too)

Ill come back and list more I just have to refind it for you.

Here is another forum on the subject, but I would suggest starting a new thread. Most of the info I gathered was from here, some school closed down or changed. And lots if imamothers were very helpful.

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....55088
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics